Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

26 Nosler????? !!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Silver Member

26 Nosler????? !!!!!

This is probably old news. Im very iinterested. Anyone with real info yet????: 26 Nosler
Old 11-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Silver Member

Re: 26 Nosler????? !!!!!

The "formal launch will take place at the 2014 SHOT show" Jan 2014

This is cut and paste from Nosler.com:
Bend, Ore. – November 22, 2013 – Like many shooting enthusiasts, the Nosler family has always dreamed of introducing a new rifle cartridge to the industry; that time is finally here with the arrival of the 26 Nosler®.

The goal of the new 26 Nosler® cartridge was to introduce something to the shooting sports industry that took full advantage of new technology available to shooters including the advance of optics, reticle systems and of course high Ballistic Coefficient (B.C.) bullets such as the AccuBond® Long Range™ line. The old boundaries are about to be pushed to new limits.

The 26 Nosler® cartridge was designed to take advantage of the inherently accurate and high B.C. 6.5mm (.264) caliber bullets, and is capable of shooting the Nosler® 129 grain, AccuBond® Long Range™ bullet at a blazing 3400 fps out of the muzzle. Zeroed at 350 yards, the 26 Nosler® has a Point Blank Range of 0-415 yards. Loaded with the 129gr ABLR, the 26 Nosler® retains as much velocity at 400 yards as the 260 Remington® produces at the muzzle.

The 26 Nosler® case is non-belted, thus headspaced off of the shoulder to further enhance accuracy. The “26” also utilizes a standard (30-06) length action meaning shorter bolt-throw and lighter weight than magnum length actions.

“I really feel the 26 Nosler® has great value amongst the large family of 6.5mm cartridges. With minimal recoil, tremendous velocity, energy and the ability to point and shoot at the intended target up to a quarter mile away, this is the quintessential deer, antelope and long-range target cartridge available on the market today.” –Bob Nosler, CEO/President Nosler, Inc.

The 26 Nosler® is a new and unique cartridge that was submitted to SAAMI® in June, 2013. The formal launch will take place at the 2014 SHOT Show where more exciting news will be released regarding this cartridge. Additional announcements will include Nosler’s new platform rifle, in addition to exciting new bullet, brass and ammunition offerings.

For the most current information on Nosler product announcements, visit Nosler’s Facebook page at
Old 11-25-2013, 06:59 PM
Bronze Member

I can't wait to find out more about it myself!
Old 01-14-2014, 07:19 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

I am in Las Vegas right now and just got back from the SHOT show and have a picture for you guys. Here is the 26 Nosler display they had there. And then I ran into a nice guy by the name of Jerry Miculek. Having a great time at the show and the 26 Nosler is a SAAMI approved cartridge so we should be able to get brass and ammo by March they said.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
26 Nosler????? !!!!!-stp61384.jpg   26 Nosler????? !!!!!-stp61385.jpg  

26 Nosler????? !!!!!-stp61386.jpg  
Old 01-14-2014, 07:33 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Here is a picture of me and Jerry Miculek. Can't wait to go back tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
26 Nosler????? !!!!!-stp61393.jpg  
Old 01-14-2014, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member

I live in Vegas. How do I get passes??
Old 01-14-2014, 10:31 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioq View Post
I live in Vegas. How do I get passes??
Hey Mario, you have to be involved in the shooting, hunting or outdoor industry. It is not open to the general public. If you are friends of someone with an FFL and they can get you in you could go. It sure is a neat thing to go to. Pretty overwhelming at first but then you kind of get a sense of direction and things go smoother. The best part is all the free swag all the companies give you.

Brandon