Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

230gr VLD LAZZERONI 7.82(.308)WarbirdŽ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 08:11 AM
Platinum Member

Re: 230gr VLD LAZZERONI 7.82(.308)WarbirdŽ

John, with your case capacity you are likely looking at better performance with rl50 than rl33 with heavies like the 230 berger. I was running rl50 with the 225 hornady hpbt last year in my 30 rum and it took 102 grains to get 2980 fps from it with a 26" factory bbl.. I'm getting the same performance at 95 grains rl33 with the rifle now; I switched as I was at rather high powder compression with rl50. Both loads are 1/2 to 2/3 moa in my rifle and were actually rather mild.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRedneck View Post
Awesome...........see we told ya there is somethin there, you outta be able to tune that in to well within 1/2 moa. My only question is where did ya get the 230 bergers, been lookin along time now and notta, I cant seem to find any...
Business to business most likely takes priority over business to consumer. Especially when Berger could be looking at a potential contract with John for using their bullets in his factory loaded ammo. Big $$$$.

So, you have to understand the ways of the business world.

It's not fair, and most often times seems like BS to the individual consumer (like you and I), but that's how the business world works, so there's no point in complaining about it, or getting riled up or upset over it.

I've talked with Ryan Neal over at Berger on several occasions over the last year and he said they are steadily pumping out as many bullets as they can, trying to get the market back to normal.

I've been waiting on some 7mm 180 Hybrids for quite a while now. And when I see them, I'll be buying 10 boxes of them, so this crap doesn't happen to me again.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Platinum Member

Good testing here. Very Interesting.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Business to business most likely takes priority over business to consumer. Especially when Berger could be looking at a potential contract with John for using their bullets in his factory loaded ammo. Big $$$$.

So, you have to understand the ways of the business world.

It's not fair, and most often times seems like BS to the individual consumer (like you and I), but that's how the business world works, so there's no point in complaining about it, or getting riled up or upset over it.

I've talked with Ryan Neal over at Berger on several occasions over the last year and he said they are steadily pumping out as many bullets as they can, trying to get the market back to normal.

I've been waiting on some 7mm 180 Hybrids for quite a while now. And when I see them, I'll be buying 10 boxes of them, so this crap doesn't happen to me again.
I know man.......sent ya a pm.

The 2nd Amendment......America's original Homeland Security.

Ethan Parke........roped the deer in 1953. Put tags in his ears turned him loose then shot him in 1955. Always liked this pic
The story was told to me by his wife who owned the little motel we stayed at on a deer hunt in Malta Idaho about 17 years ago...... Youll never see that again. Just a cool pic of Idaho deer huntin history
Old 12-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Gold Member

Looks very promising John! Thanks for sharing the results!
Old 12-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Platinum Member

Will Retumbo work? What about H869? Just curious
Old 12-04-2013, 11:54 PM
Silver Member

B23 ,,,,,,

that is a very good question, I have not actually measured the water capacity of the Warbird case since the 90s, but if my memory is correct, it is close to 129gr of water, does that sound right ?

Idaho Redneck ,,,,,,

I agree ,,, we already have it at 1/2 MOA out of the very first load I tried ,,,,,, as for the 230 bergers ? well, I got a box this past spring right from Berger, but have not tried to purchase anymore lately ,,,,

I will see how they shoot at 1,000Y on Dec 14th, and then I may have to go hunting for more ,,,,,

Lefty ,,,,,

you may be right, I might also be able to use a powder like VV 24N41, but I am not a real big fan of superslow powders, especially for hunting ,,,,

Just for your info, reloader 33 seems to be very dense compared to other slow powders ,,, I was able to pour 118 gr of reloader 33 into the Warbird case and it was still only at the bottom of the neck inside ,,,, I don't believe I could ever get that much reloader 25 into the Warbird case ,,,,

Derek ,,,,,

certainly Retumbo will work, reloader 25, IMR-7828 and reloader 50, H50BMG etc ,,,, but for HUNTING in all expected temperatures, from -20F to +95F, the faster the powder, the less the velocity will change moving from one temperature extreme to the other ,,,,,