Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics


Reply

230 grain berger otc ????????

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8  
Old 08-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SW Montana
Posts: 4,494
Re: 230 grain berger otc ????????

You may want to give the 215 OTM a look, it's less sensitive to seating depth and has been easy going in a couple rifles we've put them through, you may be able to push them at RUM velocities with accuracy
__________________
High Fence, Low Fence, Stuck in the Fence, if I can Tag it and Eat it, it's Hunting!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,654
Re: 230 grain berger otc ????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
You may want to give the 215 OTM a look, it's less sensitive to seating depth and has been easy going in a couple rifles we've put them through, you may be able to push them at RUM velocities with accuracy
Sounds good. I know my 210 berger has taken me a little more time to find the sweet spot than when I used the 208 Amax and the Match king. I would love for the 230 OTM to be easy to load for with the accuracy of the Berger. Do you have any ideah on the price of the 230 OTM ? I need about 500
__________________
"Molon Labe"
IN DIXIE WE DON"T CALL 911 !
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,654
Re: 230 grain berger otc ????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat head View Post
it was something simple hay bigbuck
Yes , You know how we Rednecks can be


On a side note meat head. I set the trail camera back up and I put 2 watermelons out along with 2 cantelops. I hope my little fox shows up tonight maybe I start a thread with some fox pics......
__________________
"Molon Labe"
IN DIXIE WE DON"T CALL 911 !
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-20-2012, 10:03 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ALABAMA
Posts: 130
Re: 230 grain berger otc ????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
Yes , You know how we Rednecks can be


On a side note meat head. I set the trail camera back up and I put 2 watermelons out along with 2 cantelops. I hope my little fox shows up tonight maybe I start a thread with some fox pics......
were they any on it today i didnt check it while i was there
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tillamook, Oregon
Posts: 394
Re: 230 grain berger otc ????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
Thanks trebark, I really nead to run the search option befor starting a thread

I really like the looks of the 215 beside the 210 . I havent seen the 230 beside the 215. I wander if they do blow up up close ? I used to shoot 155 AMAX out of my 300 rum and it blew every thing into mush !!! ( I really liked that)

I may have to try some 230's at 1000 and see how well they shoot for me in the wind compared to my 210's . After all I need all the help I can get

I still dont know what OTC means ?? I'm going to laugh when its something simple ....
LongRangeHunting Online Magazine and Forums215-hybrid-short-range-terminal- performance-95058/

Here's a test I did recently with the 215's in my RUM. Awesome! Trebark is right, you can't push the 230's fast enough to be an advantage over the 215 despite the nice B/C. The 210 VLD, yes. I just switched from my soft Nosler brass back to Remington and now can safely push the 215 hybrid at 3,185fps out of 27." ES was 7fps and all nearly went into the same hole at 100yards. A guy would be very hard pressed to find a .30 cal bullet to match this kind of ballistics performance.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tillamook, Oregon
Posts: 394
Re: 230 grain berger otc ????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
Thanks trebark, I really nead to run the search option befor starting a thread

I really like the looks of the 215 beside the 210 . I havent seen the 230 beside the 215. I wander if they do blow up up close ? I used to shoot 155 AMAX out of my 300 rum and it blew every thing into mush !!! ( I really liked that)

I may have to try some 230's at 1000 and see how well they shoot for me in the wind compared to my 210's . After all I need all the help I can get

I still dont know what OTC means ?? I'm going to laugh when its something simple ....
LongRangeHunting Online Magazine and Forums215-hybrid-short-range-terminal- performance-95058/

Above is a little test I did at short range recently. Trebark is right. When compared to the 208 or 215 hybrid you can not push the 230 hybrid (OTM or target) fast enough to outperform the first two. The nice b/c of the 230 is not enough to make up for the slow start. The 230 might do better than the 210VLD, not sure, I haven't run those numbers. I personally use the 215 hybrid in my 27" RUM and with my new Rem brass am running 3,185 fps safely with 7fps ES nearly in the same hole at 100 yards. In .30 cal a person would be hard pressed to find a bullet to match the LR ballistic performance of the 215 hybrid in anything between the 300 Win and .30-.378.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,654
Re: 230 grain berger otc ????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat head View Post
were they any on it today i didnt check it while i was there
I dont know . I had 2 work over today . I will check it as soon as I can.
__________________
"Molon Labe"
IN DIXIE WE DON"T CALL 911 !
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: 230 grain berger otc ????????
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
180 grain nosler accubond vs 185 grain Berger VLD matt_3479 Long Range Hunting & Shooting 8 09-17-2011 02:59 PM
WTB 1 box 6.5 140 grain Berger 140 grain VLD hunting model70rum Reloading Equipment and Components 1 06-23-2011 09:19 AM
87 grain berger roninflag Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics 14 05-08-2011 11:02 PM
WTB - Berger 7mm 180 grain rpatowers Reloading Equipment and Components 3 03-26-2011 03:32 AM
WTB Berger 6.5 140 grain VLD - even just one... novaman64 Reloading Equipment and Components 1 10-13-2009 01:46 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC