Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

2008 Hunting season Goals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Slopeshunter,

Not sure the exact area we will be hunting but the outfitter is Savage Encounters owned by Chad Lenz. He is located straight west of Red Deer up in the foot hill area. He has a pretty wide range of hunting ground so it could be a ways from here.

I am also going back with him to hunt whitetail.

We hunted wolf with him a couple years back, was a great time, no wolves for me but saw some, just to warm. He told me about some smoker moose and deer he had scouted out last summer and they saw them last fall but could not get the deal done. Hopefully they made it through the winter and we will have a good hunt. Said if the winter was mild this could be THE year for moose and whitetail racks in his area.

That is all I needed to hear.

Will be a crazy fall, november pretty much spend hunting with very few days between booked hunts. Will be a long month but hopefully well worth it.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 06-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
Slopeshunter,

Not sure the exact area we will be hunting but the outfitter is Savage Encounters owned by Chad Lenz. He is located straight west of Red Deer up in the foot hill area. He has a pretty wide range of hunting ground so it could be a ways from here.

I am also going back with him to hunt whitetail.

We hunted wolf with him a couple years back, was a great time, no wolves for me but saw some, just to warm. He told me about some smoker moose and deer he had scouted out last summer and they saw them last fall but could not get the deal done. Hopefully they made it through the winter and we will have a good hunt. Said if the winter was mild this could be THE year for moose and whitetail racks in his area.

That is all I needed to hear.

Will be a crazy fall, november pretty much spend hunting with very few days between booked hunts. Will be a long month but hopefully well worth it.
Good luck, I've heard good things about Savage Encounters.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Platinum Member

My goal is to hike, hunt, sweat, stink, mud up, freeze, burn, dig, ditch, chain up and blister.

I might kill something too...

but thats totally secondary.

NRA Life Member
Old 06-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Silver Member

190 muley buck, 360 bull elk and an 80 inch antelope. All on public land and unguided (except for the speedgoat). I have a 79 and 5/8 inch antelope so far, but looking for the book score. mtmuley
Old 06-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Silver Member

My goal is to find a woman that knows how to gut deer and quarter up an elk.

Then find a decent buck, whitetail or mule deer dosn't matter. Shoot it and let her gut it for me. Then help me pack it out and load the pickup.

Then when elk season rolls around, I will not be so picky. The season is 5 days long, and I have yet to get one. Been archery hunting too long, I guess. She will help me pack out the quarters and butcher the meat.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Silver Member

I am sure there are women out there that will do that for you. You just have to be patient and willing to accept one that wears larger pants than you. If you find one that will do that, send pictures, of the deer and elk. Good luck!!!!