Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

2007 Some good, some bad and some UGLY......so far

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobob View Post
Good to see your new barrel got broken in right.
Mike did a pretty good job on this one and Kirby waved his magic wand also. Cleans like you dream they should and puts them where it's supposed to if I do my part.

I can also tell you that a 7mm AM with Wildcat 200 gr. bullets is overkill on a grouse. I jumped a grouse on a little ridgetop and he flew to the base of a lone pine that had some brush around it. Ranged the brush/tree at 96 yards and with thoughts of grouse and gravy in my mind I set the scope for that range but just couldn't seem to see him. Just about when I was going to give up he either squatted or stepped into a hole because his head came down into view. The crosshairs moved over slightly and settled on his nead/neck junction and then.......he either stood up or something right at the shot. One second I was squeeeeeezing and the next second there was an explosion that looked like a dark colored feather pillow blew up.

Scratch the grouse and gravy.:( I found one wing, one leg and the tail feathers attached to a small portion of his butt. Wasn't even enough left for feather soup.;)
Old 11-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Platinum Member

ss7mm,

Congratulations, very good shooting. Nice photos I enjoyed them. Much better than no photos. I liked the moose pic.

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 11-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Platinum Member

Congrats on the mulie! This Washington hunting is all new to me. Didn't get my resident license this year in time to do any good. Next year, hopefully, will be a different story. Was your mulie and those elk killed on public land? New to the state and trying to fit the pieces together...JohnnyK.

- Ronald Reagan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 11-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyk View Post
Was your mulie and those elk killed on public land? New to the state and trying to fit the pieces together...JohnnyK.
Yes they were. The mulie was up Chinook pass and the elk were in the Colockum where the timber meets the sagebrush.