Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

$2000 for scope witch one

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Platinum Member

Re: $2000 for scope witch one

If you have ever used one (I have 6) you would understand. There is only one scope that the optics compare to inho and that is the S&B PMII and to a great extent the VMV's. The NF is a good mid line scope but to compare it to a FFP, no mask, and the toughest internals in the industry is not really a fair comparison.

Compare a like NF at night side by side with like USO and the difference will be readily apparent. I could type more detail but until you perform this comparison for yourself it will not be clear. Kind of a hobby for me to seek out the very best Components, Builders, Processes and Equipment you might say that I like to win and in the process leave no stone unturned or at least try not to.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss View Post
Kind of a hobby for me to seek out the very best Components, Builders, Processes and Equipment you might say that I like to win and in the process leave no stone unturned or at least try not to.
I think you're going to have to give the Premier Reticle's Heritage scope a look see... may have left a stone unturned.

2009 SHOT Show report conclusion

The Optics Talk Forums - SHOT Show 2009 impressions - Page 1

"Premier

Heritage 3-15x50 scope has been out for a couple of months now. For the show, Premier has unveiled a 5-15x56 version of the scope. In terms of image quality, I think this scope is the best I have ever seen, bar none. We took it outside of the convention center mounted on a tripod and spent a little while looking at distant and not so distant objects. I was stunned at the depth of field on it. Premier really did their homework on this one. Both scopes are big and heavy. The dual turn elevation knob is spectacular. All knobs have excellent feel.

Basically, for an allround tactical scope with no electronics involved, this is as good as it gets
."
Old 02-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Platinum Member

Opinions vary and I am aware of that scope but unless a scope is compared under the Same Conditions then the Evaluation is Very Subjective.

My USO's are built and they subtend out to .17 MOA. They are built that way on purpose--long story but to use the knobs seen here we had to use specific componets that were already made------so they subtend to .17. Have one more left then that will be the end of the .17 MOA clicks on new builds.