Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

150 Sirrocco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 01:31 AM
Gold Member

Re: 150 Sirrocco

You guys are fast!
I was in Utah for some prairie dog shooting and got left behind here.
There is nothing I can add here except to agree with Derek's comments. That bullet would work fine for the ranges you intend to use it.
If you are new to reloading, put on your seatbelt. Handloads will allow you to realize the full accuracy potential of your rifle, assuming your shooting skills are up to the task.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:45 PM
Silver Member

Thanks everyone for the great information and Yes, I can see that I will need to put my seatbelt on. I have already noticed that there is a lot of information and things that goes into reloading. I will reach out again with additional questions when I have them.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:11 PM
Silver Member

It is a bonded bullet, as you probably well know. I don't know why most LR bullets aren't bonded. SMK, AMax, VLD, JLK's - none of them are bonded. I suspect it is because of cost and not being necessary.

Only reason I mention this is that some people believe that the bonding is detrimental to LR accuracy. Not me personally. I don't have enough knowledge to have a valid opinion on the bullet
Old 11-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Gold Member

Nosler 150 gr. BT out of my 7MM WSM deliver me quite often 10 shot groups from 1000 yds. no larger than 8" and on occasion they've delivered a few 5" 10 shot groups. I don't think you'll have any gripes shooting this bullet. I don't sort or measure anything! I just shoot 'em!!
Old 11-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Gold Member

Shedhunt, there is a lot of knowledge to be found here on LRH. I would also suggest a few books that will rocket you past the basics.
Here is one I would start with;

Handloading for Competition
by Glen Zediker
Sinclair part #: 15-845
Midway part #: 875590

Another good one would be "The Book Of Rifle Accuracy" by benchrest hall of famer Tony Boyer.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Silver Member

COBRAD, thank you for the additional information. I will be for sure looking into these books to assist me on getting more familiar with the reloading process.

As mentioned before, I appreciate all the great suggestions, information and explanations that everyone has been willing to pass along.