Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

Wtb stw brass

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013, 02:17 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Wtb stw brass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iclimb View Post
I know it's BS, they're holding us hostage on purpose. I would love to find some rem. brass. Do you think they'll run some ever again?
If you are desperate for brass, just buy you a couple boxes of Nosler...It will set you back a couple hundred bucks, but it's better brass than Rem. Or go buy some of the cheapest 7mm STW ammo you can put your hands on and buy some and shoot it up or pull the bullets and dump the powder...

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
If you are desperate for brass, just buy you a couple boxes of Nosler...It will set you back a couple hundred bucks, but it's better brass than Rem. Or go buy some of the cheapest 7mm STW ammo you can put your hands on and buy some and shoot it up or pull the bullets and dump the powder...
Not desperate yet. It just pisses me off that you can't get any brass for anything. I feel it's the manufacturers not producing, on purpose to drive the price. ALL COMPONENTS FOR THAT MATTER!!!
Old 11-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iclimb View Post
Not desperate yet. It just pisses me off that you can't get any brass for anything. I feel it's the manufacturers not producing, on purpose to drive the price. ALL COMPONENTS FOR THAT MATTER!!!
No, they're producing it...They're just storing it all up so that they will have reserves built up incase this crap happens again. That's my theory. They'll release it once all the reserves are built back up, and things go back to normal.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:39 PM

I am pretty new to the STW. I didnt know Win didnt make STW ammo any more. I bought a box not 6 months ago. 150 gr soft points. I think there was another box left on the shelf. I will stop there next week and buy it if it is still there.

Weatherby Mark V 7MM STW
Steiner Predator 3x12x56
Winchester Model 70 Classic Stainless 7MM STW
Zeiss Conquest 4.5x14x50
Old 11-13-2013, 02:36 PM
Silver Member

Pick it up if you can... If you want to sell it I'll trade you 25 new Rem brass + cash, if your interested. I just picked up 100 new win brass today, I'd like to have matching head stamp...
Jake
Old 11-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Silver Member

Finding lots of 375 h&h I just hate to burn up powder to fire form. Attn remington: give us some BRASS!!!
Old 11-16-2013, 02:36 AM
Silver Member

If you ever get down to the Salt Lake area, I can give you a line on a couple of boxes of Rem 140gr core lokt at a gun shop. $50 per box if I remember correctly. My source of brass dried up, but I've got plenty for me.