Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

Wtb stw brass

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Silver Member

Wtb stw brass

Like it says. I posted in the classifieds but then I saw this. I'll post pics of my new baby soon too...
Old 11-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Wtb stw brass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iclimb View Post
Like it says. I posted in the classifieds but then I saw this. I'll post pics of my new baby soon too...
You may be reforming brass or buying nosler brass for a while. Rem brass hasn't been available since spring and nosler is at times hard to find. I've sold all the extra brass I could find months ago to a couple of guys here on lrh. I've got enough for my pipe at present but not enough to sell any more off.

Either query reforming or ask us here (if you aren't sure how) and you'll find lots of info on easy reforms to make stw brass. It's not difficult and you'll get shooting quickly with good brass. 8mm rem mag, 375 h@h, and 300 h@h are great brass to reform for this cal..
Old 11-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Platinum Member

8mm Rem Mag is the easiest option for reforming. It requires a simply trip through the 7mm STW sizing die, and then load them up, since the 7mm STW originated from nothing more than a necked-down 8mm Rem Mag case.

That would honestly be your best and easiest option. Nosler sells 8mm RM brass, and believe it or not, it's cheaper than 7mm STW brass, which is pretty messed up in my opinion.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Gold Member

There some auctions on GunBroker right now but I bet it is going to pretty pricey when the auction is done.

The guy had a couple of previous 100 pieces per bag auctions of the New Remington 7mm STW Brass that ended over the weekend.

By the time those auctions were over the prices were around $160 for the 100 pieces bag.

With the added $10 shipping cost that is $170 for 100 pieces of the New Remington 7mm STW Brass.
That is some really expensive brass.

I'm glad I stocked up last year and got my 500 pieces of New Remington 7mm STW Brass for about .60 per piece.

Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

Remington 700 LSS .257 Weatherby Magnum
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope
Old 11-12-2013, 07:35 AM
Bronze Member

That is expensive. I should buy Winchester loaded ammo for $35 per box of 20
Old 11-12-2013, 07:57 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kado101 View Post
That is expensive. I should buy Winchester loaded ammo for $35 per box of 20
win hasn't made 7stw ammo/brass since '04 or so and the supply has dried up. The only ammo I can find online right now is Nosler at 60 to 80 dollars a box.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Silver Member

I know it's BS, they're holding us hostage on purpose. I would love to find some rem. brass. Do you think they'll run some ever again?