Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

Why 7STW over 300WM?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 08:07 PM
PUBLISHER

Re: Why 7STW over 300WM?

sfr292

Please remove the commercial references from your signature. And let me know when it is done.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Platinum Member

35- 40 inches lead is more than enough when you include the fact that I didn't want to hit said antelope in the nose but at mid body. The el. adjust for 400 yards is also only a few inches when you are sighted for zero at around 300 yards. X-man simply doesn't believe in shooting at moving game and is doing everything possible to dis-credit me here.

This discussion has gotten old.
There are a few here who will not be satisfied and will build a straw man arguement against me no matter what I say to them. I don't have time or energy to fabricate lies and write them all down to regurge later when appropriate. If I've somehow offended some poor sap's delicate sensibilities I am not sorry; It is in fact your problem and not mine.

As the o.p. has already stated he is going with the 300 win I'll simply discontinue my subscription to this thread and be on my way. Trying to have a conversation with a few members here is about like trying to talk a turnip into being a cabbage; it aint gonna happen so why bother.

Last edited by Lefty7mmstw; 05-04-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:15 PM

I was along side with many of these kills.
It's called being brought up straight out of diapers and having a rifle thrown into your hands.
We were BOTH shooting and loading high powered weapons unsupervised before we were even out of GRADE SCHOOL.
The badlands is a VERY fickle hunting ground... it's called "badlands" for a reason... it IS basically hell on Earth. IF a shot is presented on game, YOU TAKE IT. Waiting for a game animal in this neck of the woods to stop is like asking Rosie o Donnel to become a Republican.It simply aint gonna happen bra.
So, you LEARN your rifle.... during off season, go out with out hunting buddies, or family. Call shot at random ranges. MAKE EACH SHOT COUNT.
Yes, not every shot is made possible with practice... We will not make flat out ignorant shots.... but will definitely take the shots well within our abilities.
Lefty has seen what a "mediocre" 280 Remington can do past 500 yards.... let alone a 270 WSM. So, please.... instead of being an internet cowboy (boy that keyboard does feel MIGHTY sexy) learn how to fire your weapon.
Sra Kostelecky, USAF, Retired.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:47 PM

some forms just don't know when to quit. the op left a long time ago.