Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

SPS Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2013, 11:41 AM
Bronze Member

SPS Builds

Just was wondering who's built up an SPS STW and about what the cost was and how they shoot.
Just trying to budget for my tax return. Also trying to figure out the difference in an SPS build vs buying a used quality rifle.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Platinum Member

Re: SPS Builds

Remington still offers the SPS in 7mm STW, if that's what you're interested in. Do a google search, and Bud's Gun Shop should have some in stock. Remington even offers one model with a factory muzzle brake.

Or are you talking about buying SPS and building a custom off of it?

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:24 PM
Bronze Member

Yep, looking at the factory SPS in STW and then tricking it out. Not sure if they are from Buds, just seen them on Gun Broker.
Oh Remington makes an STW with a break on it??? I'm interested! Not a fan of recoil and hunt with protection on anyways.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Bronze Member

Yep, I found that muzzle breaked SPS on Buds! That would be nice and I'd probably pay the Smith that difference anyways. One less thing to have him do.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takem406 View Post
Yep, I found that muzzle breaked SPS on Buds! That would be nice and I'd probably pay the Smith that difference anyways. One less thing to have him do.
Let me know how she shoots if you get the braked model. I have been thinking of getting one for a beat-around project, since I have a bunch of spare parts laying around, including a factory take-off 26" 1997 Sendero 7mm STW barrel, that is in desperate need of a donor action, and a vintage BDL stock with the barrel channel ope ed up for a varmint contour.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.