Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

Reloading supplies?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2014, 04:32 PM

Re: Reloading supplies?????

Can't help you with the powder, but this is a great place for bullets that I have been buying from since 2009 when he worked out of a shed in the back yard. Jake is a standup guy that you can trust. Do check back often because his stock is constantly changing.

Hope this helps.

Rocky Mountain Reloading
Old 05-29-2014, 04:43 PM

I had to drive 100 miles 1 way for powder, then they would only sell me 2 lbs. That's only 140 rounds for my load.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revraz View Post
I had to drive 100 miles 1 way for powder, then they would only sell me 2 lbs. That's only 140 rounds for my load.
Same for me here in Alaska. I go in with my list and hope they have primers. usually they don't. But if they do you are only allowed one box of 1000 and your done with primers. Then I go over their list of powder to see if there is anything I can use. Usually not.

In the last month I am starting to see primers coming back to where they are putting them back on the shelves but still have to use the list to access the powder.

Still no 22 long rifle to be found. What I have read is when a store gets some in you are limited to one box of 500 rds, and they are usually sold out within the first half hour of the store opening. People know what days the stores get their deliveries and they are line up waiting to get in before the stores even open up. This is fine and dandy but really a pain when you live so far away that going on a hope is not worth the trouble.

Good luck Revraz and to everybody else, let's hope for the best in the near future.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:34 PM

I've seen the reloader powders here and there but the hodgdon has been hard to get. I got on a waiting list with Graf and sons. It took about two months but I got 10 lbs of h4350 for my 6.5x284. Primers I see hitting the local shops more and more and bullets I just search online and can usually find what I want somewhere.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:34 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVGuns View Post
Thanks for the info guys? Tell me more about CMP dont have a clue what it is.
Camp Perry National Shooting Matches. Goggle it up. Runs the entire month of July and all the major players will be there from all over the world as well as most vendors.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:49 AM
Bronze Member

Headed to montana in July may have to swing down and check out camp perry. Thanks guys for the info.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:52 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Bob View Post
Same for me here in Alaska. I go in with my list and hope they have primers. usually they don't. But if they do you are only allowed one box of 1000 and your done with primers. Then I go over their list of powder to see if there is anything I can use. Usually not.

In the last month I am starting to see primers coming back to where they are putting them back on the shelves but still have to use the list to access the powder.

Still no 22 long rifle to be found. What I have read is when a store gets some in you are limited to one box of 500 rds, and they are usually sold out within the first half hour of the store opening. People know what days the stores get their deliveries and they are line up waiting to get in before the stores even open up. This is fine and dandy but really a pain when you live so far away that going on a hope is not worth the trouble.

Good luck Revraz and to everybody else, let's hope for the best in the near future.
The reason why Hodgdon is so hard to get is the bulk of their propellants are manufactured in Oz and shipped to Shawnee Mission Kansas to be packaged. The powder plant in Oz got smoked, literally.

I see loads of 22's but you'll pay for them. I used to buy Eley primed, Vitavouri loaded Wolf March Extra for my indoor pistol leagues for 30 bucks a 500 round box. It's now $119.00 Glad I bought a full case (20 500 round boxes) last time I bought them which was 3 years ago. Kept on sealed ammo cans, they will never go bad.