Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

Reloading supplies?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2014, 09:26 AM
Bronze Member

Reloading supplies?????

Went home today and literally blew the dust off my STW. Looking forward to doing some long range shooting until i hit the net and realize cant find bullets cant find powder. Is this ever gonna end gets so frustrating spending hours on the net or several hundred miles driving your ass off to find supplies. Is anyone else having issues? Looking for 162grain amax or Berger 168 match bullets. Any suggestions or advice i would surely appreciate.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:33 PM

Re: Reloading supplies?????

found a bunch of retumbo and imr7828
Old 05-28-2014, 05:38 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVGuns View Post
Went home today and literally blew the dust off my STW. Looking forward to doing some long range shooting until i hit the net and realize cant find bullets cant find powder. Is this ever gonna end gets so frustrating spending hours on the net or several hundred miles driving your ass off to find supplies. Is anyone else having issues? Looking for 162grain amax or Berger 168 match bullets. Any suggestions or advice i would surely appreciate.
CMP in July. Everything you need or will need and you are close enough. Free admission to watch the best shooters in the world and all the components you will ever need plus Cedar Point is 8 miles away.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:58 PM
Bronze Member

Hey WV,

A bit of a drive, but last time I was there, Fin,Feather & Fur in Ashland, OH, right off I 71 had a pretty good stock of powder and some bullets. Sportsmans Den in Shelby, OH, also had quite a good stock of powder....at really good prices....bought RL 25, 5# keg for under a $100!!!!! Check it out! Cabela's near Wheeling has sucked for any components for at least the last year....
Old 05-28-2014, 09:23 PM
Platinum Member

I just started a Camp Perry thread btw.

I know the owner of Fin, Feather and Fur and I was down to Ashland about a month ago and he told me he would be at CMP with a full load of Hogdgon propellants. Maybe Bruce Hodgdon will be there too...... he's a big muzzleloader hunter. Shoots a CVA.

Interestingly, he had at least 100 8 pound kegs of CFE223 on the shelf in the basement when I was there (and a bunch of other Hodgdon as well). I picked up some Berger 6.5x284's and some Sierra 240 Sportsmasters in 44 magnum as well as a couple boxes of Federal Gold Medal Large Rifle Magnum Match Primers. Got a 4 pounder of Unique (I use a lot of Unique in handgun loads and shotgun loads) and some Lil Gun too.

He will be there, Dawsons will be there too along with the big players on Merchants Row.

I've always got great deals on components at CMP. It's my must do for components for the year.

Best of all, no haz-mat crap and no inflated ship cost.... I can fo the Ohio Sales Tax instead.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:51 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks for the info guys? Tell me more about CMP dont have a clue what it is.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:23 PM

I have been having trouble for over a year getting supplies for shooting. Here in the South West it has been very hard to find bullets powder primers etc. When you do find it they put a limit on how much you can buy. I have been searching all over it has been very spotty. I hope it clears up soon.