Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW


Reply

Original sendero question?

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #15  
Old 11-28-2013, 07:27 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 6,362
Re: Original sendero question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iclimb View Post
What do you imagine one in good condition would be worth? Say 7mag?
I see them selling for $800-1,200 depending on condition. It's hard for me to pay that for one, since when I bought my Sednero SF 7mmSTW new for dealer cost, it was $650 + tax...

When I tell folks that, it tends to really piss in their wheaties...

I would love to get one in 7mmRM. That's one of my favorite calibers. I've been searching for one for a while...But haven't found any for decent prices. And when I DO have the cash, I never can find one. LOL
__________________
"I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns..." - Bob Lee Swagger

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-29-2013, 01:53 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: West Central, Idaho
Posts: 437
Re: Original sendero question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
I see them selling for $800-1,200 depending on condition. It's hard for me to pay that for one, since when I bought my Sednero SF 7mmSTW new for dealer cost, it was $650 + tax...

When I tell folks that, it tends to really piss in their wheaties...

I would love to get one in 7mmRM. That's one of my favorite calibers. I've been searching for one for a while...But haven't found any for decent prices. And when I DO have the cash, I never can find one. LOL
Mud runner: are you finding the black fluted sendero's? I was to understand they were a little more rare, in previous posts. I thought maybe they might be a little more valuable but I guess only to somebody who would collect sendero's? If they made that few and if they are that accurate...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-30-2013, 12:30 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 6,362
Re: Original sendero question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iclimb View Post
Mud runner: are you finding the black fluted sendero's? I was to understand they were a little more rare, in previous posts. I thought maybe they might be a little more valuable but I guess only to somebody who would collect sendero's? If they made that few and if they are that accurate...
Are tou referring to the all-blued finish with the flutes? Or the stainless barrel with the black flutes?

The shiny stainless barrel with black flutes is not rare. That is the current model (SF II) Sendero that remington offers.

I have only seen a couple of blued finish fluted Senderos. Those are extremely rare from what I can gather. I haven't found much info on them.

As long as the Sendero has not been shot out or abused, they're all surgically accurate with the right load in them.
__________________
"I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns..." - Bob Lee Swagger

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-30-2013, 12:48 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: West Central, Idaho
Posts: 437
Re: Original sendero question?

I was talking all blue fluted, found one in 7mag I'm trying to get ahold of, that's why I was wondering about how rare they are. It's the first one I've ever seen.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Are tou referring to the all-blued finish with the flutes? Or the stainless barrel with the black flutes?

The shiny stainless barrel with black flutes is not rare. That is the current model (SF II) Sendero that remington offers.

I have only seen a couple of blued finish fluted Senderos. Those are extremely rare from what I can gather. I haven't found much info on them.

As long as the Sendero has not been shot out or abused, they're all surgically accurate with the right load in them.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-30-2013, 01:30 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 6,362
Re: Original sendero question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iclimb View Post
I was talking all blue fluted, found one in 7mag I'm trying to get ahold of, that's why I was wondering about how rare they are. It's the first one I've ever seen.
From everything I've read, and like stated in here...I find alot of folks talking about only 500 were made. If it has been taken care of, and not shot out or the throat burnt out, it should be an awesome piece to store in the safe. I'm not just a shooter, but a collector, as well...So, I have some guns that I have not and will not shoot. One of which is my IAB 1874 Sharps replica 29" full-octagon .45-70 with double-set triggers...It has been shot, but I have never shot it. Just one of those guns that has that "cool factor" as a conversation piece, you know?

If it is truly 1 of 500, it's worth more as a collector's piece, in y opinion.

And honestly, if you can get that all-blued fluted Sendero for a decent price, I'd buy it and store it in the safe. Then buy another Sendero to shoot alot. Just simply my opinion. But then again, I am not the Sendero authority or the Sendero master, so my opinion is just another opinion out there. I am just a guy like all of yall, with the same passion for Senderos.

Let me know how the buy goes, and definitely post pics if you get it.
__________________
"I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns..." - Bob Lee Swagger

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-30-2013, 09:50 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: West Central, Idaho
Posts: 437
Re: Original sendero question?

Like this
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Original sendero question?-image.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-30-2013, 10:07 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Western Nebraska
Posts: 15
Re: Original sendero question?

That is just what my 7mmstw is right there
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC