Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

Original sendero question?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 08:38 AM

Re: Original sendero question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iclimb View Post
Do you mean a stainless barrel with black flutes?
iclimb it is all black with flutes 26 inch, HS stalk, black and grey web, I will take a couple pictures at lunch. the hicks rifles that where referred to would or could they have been sold in any area of the country?
Old 11-26-2013, 09:39 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeLab1 View Post
iclimb it is all black with flutes 26 inch, HS stalk, black and grey web, I will take a couple pictures at lunch. the hicks rifles that where referred to would or could they have been sold in any area of the country?
It's called a "stock" not a stalk...I know you're in the cornhuskers state, but come on man.

I seen one or 2 rifles like yours...I would love to get my hands on one, but they are VERY VERY few and far-between. They're even more elusive than the SF 7mm STW's...

If you ever come across another one for sale, holler at me.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:46 AM
Silver Member

My gun is all black/blue. I ordered it from Bill Hicks ,they were a big Remington distributor back in the day. Yes they would of sold these to anyone with an FFL.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
It's called a "stock" not a stalk...I know you're in the cornhuskers state, but come on man.

I seen one or 2 rifles like yours...I would love to get my hands on one, but they are VERY VERY few and far-between. They're even more elusive than the SF 7mm STW's...

HAHA well I must confess that was a bone head move on my part miss spelling that, and to think a Bama spotted it.

the gun has been great since I have owned it, never shot it as a 7 mag it went from the dealer to the gun smith that cut the chamber to STW, best 100 I ever spent.

now I need to put new glass on it after shooting dad's NF this year I want one bad for mine.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:14 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeLab1 View Post
HAHA well I must confess that was a bone head move on my part miss spelling that, and to think a Bama spotted it.

the gun has been great since I have owned it, never shot it as a 7 mag it went from the dealer to the gun smith that cut the chamber to STW, best 100 I ever spent.

now I need to put new glass on it after shooting dad's NF this year I want one bad for mine.
Ok....I'll give you that one. We do have some "special" folks down here.

NF is great glass that's for sure...It's definitely out of my price range. Maybe I'll get a little more back on my income tax this year, so I can save towards one.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:06 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post

What do you imagine one in good condition would be worth? Say 7mag?
Old 11-27-2013, 11:42 PM
Bronze Member

there was 2 places of manufacture for the Sendero SF`s,,could it be possible the ones not stamped NY could be these diffrent runs???
also i noted that the ones stamped "warning read free instruction booklet " made in NY are stamped Sendero after Cal designation... i have the 7rem mag and two 300 win mags with this stamping