Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

New rifle and problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2014, 03:39 AM
Silver Member

Re: New rifle and problem

If I go with a savage for a stw, I will just buy a pre fit and go that way. Have nothing but good to say about cbi's in the savages
Old 05-24-2014, 08:29 AM
Silver Member

Re: New rifle and problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushwackr View Post
Ya it sucks. I checked everything. Brass seating depth all that. It did it on factory remington ammo. I really wanted to run it but after all the wait and extra money. It really soured my to remington firearms, my first and last. I might check out a 7 rem mag savage tho
The 7mm was my first Remington as well. Honestly, it will probably be my last due to the sloppiness of the bolt and other machine work... Not to mention the trigger recall.

Of all the weatherby and winchesters I have, this remington has been the hardest rifle I own to make shoot well. And .323 center to center isn't as good as my last Winchester shot out of the box.

It is the easiest to shoot at an distance with, though. The extra weight and length give it the advantage. All of my other rifles are sporters.

The next rifle I build will have a badger action. I think they are way more solid and already come with a Sako extractor, I believe.