Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

New Glass for my STW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 06:52 PM

Re: New Glass for my STW

I have a bushnell elite 6500 4.5 x30 mil dot on my 300 rum I'm happy with it. one of my 7mm stw wears a vortex 4x16 lr bdc and my custom one im getting built is getting a vortex pst 6x24 sfp. I was real nervous about getting the bushnell its definitly not a walmart bushnell, I ordered a kenton turrett for it last year and its spot on. Dan
Old 05-29-2013, 05:50 AM

March 3-24 x 42 FFP. I have used this scope for a bit over a year now. It is excellent (but pricey). Very lightweight, turrets are first rate; glass crystal clear.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:16 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshorebwhntr View Post
I've also used a Konus tactical M30. This was on a very high end AR rifle in 223 so the comparison is not exactly apples to apples. I will say I was highly skeptical of this scopes capability given its retail price and all the bells and whistles it had. I tried everything I could to find a fault with it and after 150 rds down range I just couldn't. Not saying rush out and buy one tomorrow but depending on your budget is this may work for you.
I have one of these scopes, too. And I have to agree with your assessment. For the money it's hard to beat them. I've had mine for 1.5 years now, and it's still going strong. I keep it mounted to my 700 5R .308.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:39 AM

Look to european scopes: zeiss, swarovski, kahles, ior valdada or meopta. Very good scopes all of them.