Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

My new baby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Silver Member

My new baby

Picked this up today should be fun. Maybe someone can help me out. Looks like a sendero sfII but it's not stamped, Sendero, anywhere. It hasn't had a box through it...
Triggers been worked over and is perfect for me so that should save. Not sure how to tell but I'm hoping it's been blueprinted too. Next up tally one piece bases and crossing my fingers for a nightforce for christmas may go with a huskemah , any opinions, I love Vortex, but you really get rid of any "TRACKING" doubt with the NF.

Last edited by Iclimb; 11-09-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Silver Member

Re: My new baby

Nice rifle...take it to a smith. I am sure they will know if it's been trued.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Platinum Member

You screwed up it looks like an original sf sendero in what looks like an stw. These are horrible guns and you want to sell it quick pm me and ill get you money on the way asap. Ok I guess ill be serious it does look like a gen 1 sf sendero. I actually hunt with pretty much the same exact rifle just topped with a 5.5-22x56nxs. Load it up with some h1000 and some 162gr. Amaxes and learn to love life. I would shoot it first before you bring it to a smith and see what it will do. The only thing I've done with mine is put a brake on it and a trigger job and it shot great. Its kinda opened up after 6-700 rounds but still squeaks out 5/8-3/4 for the norm. It used to be a consistant 3/8 moa gun
Old 11-09-2013, 05:00 PM
Silver Member

Talking Re: My new baby

Where are you at in riggins? I live in new meadows. The gun actually came from riggins! Small world....
Old 11-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Platinum Member

Load 160 Nosler Accubonds...They aren't as fragile as the A-Maxs are, and are a bonded bullet.

It is an original Sendero SF. I have this exact same rifle sitting in my safe right now. I have had it since new (11, almost 12 years). It is THE most accurate 100% factory Remington rifle I've ever owned. With Federal Premium 160 Accubond factory loads it would put 3 into tight cloverleafs. With handloads I've had it shooting 1 ragged hole groups. I might go to the range tomorrow for some load development, if I do I'll take the STW and a few others. Wish I had put my barrel on my rifle last week, so I could go break it in, then load develop my Berger 180 Hybrid load.

If you decide to snatch that barrel off for any reason, let me know, I'd like to have it.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:04 PM
Silver Member

Yeah I'm thinking some 180 bergers will do the trick maybe 168's will be the go to...

Any ideas what twist these rifle's are?
Old 11-09-2013, 11:09 PM
Platinum Member

Pm sent