Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW


Reply

muzzlebreak?

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wilds of NJ
Posts: 17
muzzlebreak?

Thinking of putting on a clamp on break on my stw. Is there any pros & cons to a clamp on model breaks. Was just looking at Witt, if others you feel better,chime in please. TY
__________________
Sendero SF 7 STW,H-S Precision,Near Alphamount,Zeiss 6.5-20x50
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Great Falls, MT
Posts: 4,512
Re: muzzlebreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Thinking of putting on a clamp on break on my stw. Is there any pros & cons to a clamp on model breaks. Was just looking at Witt, if others you feel better,chime in please. TY
If you do an advance search (top right), it's previously been discussed under gunsmithing section.
__________________

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.



"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-18-2013, 05:13 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 3,456
Re: muzzlebreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEENIX View Post
If you do an advance search (top right), it's previously been discussed under gunsmithing section.
How you faring? Been away for a while. Curiouys minds want to know, is it a 'muzzlebrake' or a muzzlebreak??
__________________
'It's not about me, it's about we'..........
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-18-2013, 07:03 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Great Falls, MT
Posts: 4,512
Re: muzzlebreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
How you faring? Been away for a while. Curiouys minds want to know, is it a 'muzzlebrake' or a muzzlebreak??
Life is good and thanks for asking ... and you? Muzzlebrake!
__________________

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.



"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-19-2013, 10:09 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 3,456
Re: muzzlebreak?

Not bad. Just waiting a long time for components and working on rifles... and of course farming.

I seem to be getting a reputation for quality work. I seem to have quite a few Savages of various calibers for accurizing and scope mounting.

I'd sure like to be shut of this Obama crap and get back to something normal supply line wise.

Probably won't happen in the immediate future however.
__________________
'It's not about me, it's about we'..........
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-20-2013, 10:30 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 5,574
Re: muzzlebreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Not bad. Just waiting a long time for components and working on rifles... and of course farming.

I seem to be getting a reputation for quality work. I seem to have quite a few Savages of various calibers for accurizing and scope mounting.

I'd sure like to be shut of this Obama crap and get back to something normal supply line wise.

Probably won't happen in the immediate future however.
Nothing will change if the country doesn't get its collective head out of its ass and realize THEIR president (I certainly didn't vote for him) is just here to destroy society, and has nothing positive to contribute to this country.

Anyway, back to guns......I have been dabating on having the barrel of my new .338 WM threaded for a radial flush-mounted brake. The gun weighs a whopping 7-8 lbs with a scope and ammo on it. I bet it's gonna kick like a mule. Trust me, I ain't scared, but I do know I would like to shoot it more and 1-3 times at the range, and the radial brake will certainly add to the pleasure.
__________________
"I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns..." - Bob Lee Swagger

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Current Poll
Do you watch outdoor shows live or by recording them?
Always recorded - 13.10%
112 Votes
Mostly recorded - 24.21%
207 Votes
Sometimes recorded - 15.09%
129 Votes
Rarely or never recorded - 47.60%
407 Votes
Total Votes: 855
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC