Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

Fed the beast

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 08:40 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Fed the beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Hunter View Post
That looks like a hunt you will look back on for years to come. It is really fun to reach out and touch something.

Nice shot!
Heck yeah! My phone battery crapped, my boots crapped, but we watched the signs and I harvested a pretty decent buck.
Quite a few people chipped in on this rifle getting it shooting; my brother gave my rings and bases (when the other ones were proven bad), my pops helped me pillar bed the stock/ action, and quite a few guys here helped with ideas on getting the rifle working and stable so I had enough confidence to field it hunting. Thanks to all, as it worked damn well!
Old 11-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty7mmstw View Post
Good deer for N.D. for sure. I typically get a smallish racked 4 by or 5 by that'll barely make 100 points if you are lucky. Odd thing is when we got settled down we realized my Pops killed a deer (similar size) in the same draw a couple of years ago with his stw.
That's pretty neat especially since your deer is almost certainly a direct descendant of his if the racks are that similar.

When you get yours mounted you should set up a nice picture with both you and dad standing behind them with the twin STW's.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Platinum Member

Nice buck Lefty. That one would definitely go on the wall.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Nice buck Lefty. That one would definitely go on the wall.
yep it will.... not sure if I'm doing a full head mount or just the antlers though. I'm afraid I could use the $$ elsewhere that the head mount would cost so it may just be an antler mount.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:59 PM
Platinum Member

Figured I'd toss a up pic of the blown to heck boots too!!! I sent the manufacturer a facebook message tonight about the issue. They are older boots but only have a couple of weeks total use on them as I have three pair. I won't say the brand on the forum at present.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:48 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty7mmstw View Post
yep it will.... not sure if I'm doing a full head mount or just the antlers though. I'm afraid I could use the $$ elsewhere that the head mount would cost so it may just be an antler mount.
Do you see bucks like that all rhe time? If not, I'd go ahead and go with the full head mount. They'll last near forever inside a house.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.