Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

Which DM for my 7STW Sendero

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Bronze Member

Which DM for my 7STW Sendero

Hey guys I'm wanting to install a DM for my sendero 7stw. I'm shooting 180 VLDs now but once those are shot up I'm gonna try some 145 LRX. Just wonder what DM you guys are using especially with the longer 180 VLDs.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:50 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Which DM for my 7STW Sendero

I've just got standard BDL bottom metal on two and the factory DBM on the other.

The DBM's that extend below the stock are a PITA to me. If I need more than four shots something is very wrong anyhow.

Badger is probably the best made, but it'll bite you in the wallet and you are going to have to do some modifying of the stock.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Which DM for my 7STW Sendero

I agree...A detachable 10rd mag for a hunting rifle is pretty much useless, IMO. It's only there to add to the "tacti-cool" factor.

Unless it is a tactical rifle used for sniper situations, or for competitions, I don't see where you will need anymore than the regular old hinged floorplate or factory 3 round DBM on a bolt-action rifle.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.