close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

Reply

7mmSTW Picture Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #57  
Unread 04-29-2013, 03:39 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Damascus, MD
Posts: 923
Re: 7mmSTW Picture Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Here is a 3 shot 100 yd group 140gr CT Ballistic Silvertips, 81 gr IMR 7828 215 Federals



Another 500 yard shot



A small 9 pt. 100 yard shot!

Awesome shooting!!!
__________________
Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

Remington 700 LSS .257 Weatherby Magnum
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope
Reply With Quote
  •   #58  
    Unread 04-29-2013, 03:40 PM
    Gold Member
     
    Join Date: May 2011
    Location: Damascus, MD
    Posts: 923
    Re: 7mmSTW Picture Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
    Here is my Hunting 7mmSTW it is a Remington 700 Classic, started out in 1983 as a 7mmremMag, then added a SS factory rechambered 7mmremMag to 7mmSTW Remington "plastic" stock, floated and bedded, trigger 2.5 Bushnell 3-9x50mm 650 DOA
    Not a custom but boy does she shoot!! here is a 3 shot group, at 500 yds,,,140 CT Ballistic Silvertips, 81grs IMR 7828, 215 federals
    Nice looking rifle. I really like your paint job on the stock!
    __________________
    Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
    Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

    Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
    Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

    Remington 700 LSS .257 Weatherby Magnum
    Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope
    Reply With Quote

      #59  
    Unread 04-29-2013, 03:56 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Location: Leominster mass, originally Salisbury Maryland
    Posts: 1,324
    Re: 7mmSTW Picture Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
    Here is my Hunting 7mmSTW it is a Remington 700 Classic, started out in 1983 as a 7mmremMag, then added a SS factory rechambered 7mmremMag to 7mmSTW Remington "plastic" stock, floated and bedded, trigger 2.5 Bushnell 3-9x50mm 650 DOA
    Not a custom but boy does she shoot!! here is a 3 shot group, at 500 yds,,,140 CT Ballistic Silvertips, 81grs IMR 7828, 215 federals
    Sackett, that thing is a drill, so whatever you are doing with it, keep on doin' it. I love that deer target shot too! man, those 140 CT's are deadly. I just got two more boxes. The ones I was using, where the originals, and I hope the new generation works as good ! Take care, and awesome shooting !
    __________________
    AIM SMALL,MISS SMALL. 7 STW
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT! AND WE ARE A LONG TIME DEAD!!!
    Reply With Quote
      #60  
    Unread 04-29-2013, 05:06 PM
    Gold Member
     
    Join Date: May 2011
    Location: Damascus, MD
    Posts: 923
    Re: 7mmSTW Picture Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 7stw View Post
    Sackett, that thing is a drill, so whatever you are doing with it, keep on doin' it. I love that deer target shot too! man, those 140 CT's are deadly. I just got two more boxes. The ones I was using, where the originals, and I hope the new generation works as good ! Take care, and awesome shooting !
    I had a box of the original 140 C/T's that I first loaded up for my Pop's 7mm STW and they shot great! I was shooting it last week with some new 140 C/T's and they shot almost as good but I might have been having an off day with my shooting skills.
    __________________
    Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
    Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

    Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
    Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

    Remington 700 LSS .257 Weatherby Magnum
    Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope
    Reply With Quote
      #61  
    Unread 04-29-2013, 05:23 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Location: Leominster mass, originally Salisbury Maryland
    Posts: 1,324
    Smile Re: 7mmSTW Picture Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gamehawker View Post
    I had a box of the original 140 C/T's that I first loaded up for my Pop's 7mm STW and they shot great! I was shooting it last week with some new 140 C/T's and they shot almost as good but I might have been having an off day with my shooting skills.
    Tim, I have been using those bullets since about 97-98. I am told, but have no way to tell yet, that the " newer" ones aren't as strong, terminal performance wise that is. I think they will fly like the older originals though. Time will tell. I'm going to try some out on a crop damage hunt in July.
    Meanwhile, I picked up a box of the original 140 Ballistic tips a few weeks ago. ( black box, red and green label, 100 count) . And they shoot too!!
    __________________
    AIM SMALL,MISS SMALL. 7 STW
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT! AND WE ARE A LONG TIME DEAD!!!
    Reply With Quote
      #62  
    Unread 04-29-2013, 06:54 PM
    Gold Member
     
    Join Date: May 2011
    Location: Damascus, MD
    Posts: 923
    Re: 7mmSTW Picture Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 7stw View Post
    Tim, I have been using those bullets since about 97-98. I am told, but have no way to tell yet, that the " newer" ones aren't as strong, terminal performance wise that is. I think they will fly like the older originals though. Time will tell. I'm going to try some out on a crop damage hunt in July.
    Meanwhile, I picked up a box of the original 140 Ballistic tips a few weeks ago. ( black box, red and green label, 100 count) . And they shoot too!!
    I also measured and compared the old 140 CT's that I had to the new 140 CT's I recently got.

    The measurements are slightly different. As I recall the newer ones are slightly longer, i.e. .007" longer.
    __________________
    Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
    Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

    Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
    Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

    Remington 700 LSS .257 Weatherby Magnum
    Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope
    Reply With Quote
      #63  
    Unread 04-30-2013, 08:42 AM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Jul 2011
    Location: Troy S.C.
    Posts: 137
    Re: 7mmSTW Picture Thread

    Yeah now if I can get a 12 pointer to stand perfectly still, broad side at 500 yds....just like the deer target!!! LOL but it is good practice!and I'm lucky as I have a 500 yd range out my backdoor, which is hard to do here in the South!
    __________________

    WAITIN FOR THE NEXT
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes



    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC