Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

7mmSTW Picture Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2014, 07:48 AM
Bronze Member

Re: 7mmSTW Picture Thread

Tbanks fellas. Ya I'm real happy with it and not to mention really fun to shoot also. Going to work on loads a little more.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Bronze Member

I'm new to the 7mm STW world, and also haven't shot anything in quite some time, so I'm rebuilding my shooting skills.

I bought this rifle used last spring, and have run 39 rounds through her since then. Things are starting to come together, I think. She currently looks though a Weaver Grand Slam 4.5-14 scope, and that AO has tripped me up once or twice when I forgot to adjust it for range and thought my eyes were suddenly a lot worse!

Currently I'm using 79+ grains of Retumbo behind 160-grain SGK bullets. Seems to work OK.

Am I right? In over 20 pages this is the first WINCHESTER in this thread???

Old 08-11-2014, 05:34 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis Man View Post
I'm new to the 7mm STW world, and also haven't shot anything in quite some time, so I'm rebuilding my shooting skills.

I bought this rifle used last spring, and have run 39 rounds through her since then. Things are starting to come together, I think. She currently looks though a Weaver Grand Slam 4.5-14 scope, and that AO has tripped me up once or twice when I forgot to adjust it for range and thought my eyes were suddenly a lot worse!

Currently I'm using 79+ grains of Retumbo behind 160-grain SGK bullets. Seems to work OK.

Am I right? In over 20 pages this is the first WINCHESTER in this thread???

good looking pipe clovisman!!!
I have the 6-20 grand slam on my lh ss m700 7rum; hell of a scope for the $$. I was stupid for not buying a few for future rifles at the prices they were selling for this spring. I'm glad you are getting her shooting. The more overbore the cal., the flakier they often are to get shooting well, but when they are tuned, they are oh so sweet.