Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

7mmSTW Picture Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 12:11 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 7mmSTW Picture Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
I had been looking at this for a long time now and finally picked it up

700 Rem action Trued w/ Sako extractor
Looks to be a Palma contour w/ muzzle brake fluted of course, chambered in 7 STW
McMillan Stock
Jewell trigger
Built by TarHunt
Problem is my 8mm Brass that had been fired will not fit, so if anyone could sell 20 pieces of new brass let me know
Try using a full-length 7mm STW sizing die for the 8mm RM brass.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Try using a full-length 7mm STW sizing die for the 8mm RM brass.
I only use FL sizing dies, it looks like I'm not sizing enough down at the base, maybe one of those collet dies might work, but don't know off hand where to get one. I do have two that weren't fired and they chamber fine.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Bronze Member

+1 for Mudrunner. I have been shooting a 7STW since 1992. Only brass available was 8mag. Since I also have an 8mag it was quite simple to run brass through the FL STW die. IMO, you need to full size, not partial resize. After firing in the STW, adjust the STW die to just set the shoulder back .002 or so.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:49 PM
Bronze Member

Here is my lefty 7stw I had built. It started as a 7RM, rebarreled with 26" bartlein 9 twist, and a brake. It all sits in a HS Precision stock.

It's been too dang cold up here to shoot but I'm excited to try it out. I'm going to start with 150 grain TTSX I have from my Ruger 7RM. I also plan on working up a load for the 180 grian VLD's.

I need to buy some scope rings to put my VX-3 6.5-20x40 on it. Any suggestions for a set of good steel rings?
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
7mmSTW Picture Thread-stw1.jpg   7mmSTW Picture Thread-stw.jpg  

Old 02-03-2014, 06:39 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halleywood View Post
Here is my lefty 7stw I had built. It started as a 7RM, rebarreled with 26" bartlein 9 twist, and a brake. It all sits in a HS Precision stock.

It's been too dang cold up here to shoot but I'm excited to try it out. I'm going to start with 150 grain TTSX I have from my Ruger 7RM. I also plan on working up a load for the 180 grian VLD's.

I need to buy some scope rings to put my VX-3 6.5-20x40 on it. Any suggestions for a set of good steel rings?
TPS TSR rings are what I run. Never an issue. Built just like NF & Badger, and just as strong. But they do cost 1/2 the price.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks for the reply Mudrunner. I will check them out.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:28 PM
Platinum Member

Nice rig...