Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

7mmSTW Picture Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 08:53 PM
Silver Member

Re: 7mmSTW Picture Thread

Well here she is fellas. The trade was finalized yesterday. It needs new paint, and I want a 28-30 inch barrel. Also, the most obvious thing...it needs glass! I am excited to finally have this cartridge and ready to get her shooting. Friendly advice always welcomed.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
7mmSTW Picture Thread-7mm-shooting-times-western.jpg   7mmSTW Picture Thread-7mm-shooting-times-western-2.jpg  

Old 07-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Bronze Member

Whats. The tube lenghth now
Old 07-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Silver Member

It has 26 inch barrel on it now with 6 flutes.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Platinum Member

I've read that 26" may be the perfect length for the stw.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Gold Member

The guys that shoot it regularly say. 26 is minimum!!!!
I have 29 or
So. And Ben here made a 31 inch I think. Let's see how these do. I will report when mine is done with break in and load development.
Mario
Old 09-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Platinum Member

Bump for more STW pics....

Here's a few of the long-rangers... The STW is on the left.

STW with new scope installed...Konus M30 8.5-32x52

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Platinum Member

I know it's not an STW, but I figured I'd post some pics of my newest build....It will be a Sendero .25-06 Ackley Improved. I just got all my parts in, now it's time to find the money to take it to the smith to have everything trued, headspaced, and fitted up properly. The gun is just in mock-up form right now, sitting in the safe, just to get an idea of what it will turn out like when I'm done.

I literally pieced this gun together from the action up. Bought the action and recoil lug from a local guy who had it still new and laying around, then bought the stock from a semi-local store that still had it sitting there from last year. Bought the barrel from another member on here. The DNZ scope mount came on my .338 WM when I bought it (same guy I bought this action from), and decided to reuse it. My new bottom metal and BDL assembly just came in Monday from Brownells. And the old Nitrex TR-One 3-10x50 I've had since about 2008-2009. For a $300 scope, that thing is CLEAR!

Other than what my smithing bill will come down to, I count the Nitrex scope and DNZ base as free, since I sourced them from under my bench where I keep spare stuff...I have right at $600 total investment in this build, just by waiting for the right deal to come along, and then buying when I see what I want/need for it.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.