Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

7mmSTW Picture Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 07:55 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 7mmSTW Picture Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Yeah now if I can get a 12 pointer to stand perfectly still, broad side at 500 yds....just like the deer target!!! LOL but it is good practice!and I'm lucky as I have a 500 yd range out my backdoor, which is hard to do here in the South!
Sackett, I am convinced that the quality of the reamer was a big factor as to how accurate your rifle is. ( and obviously the smith too). I know of a couple of rifles that were rechambered to STW, and they are freaking lasers. One is a Browning, and the other is a Remington. Both have 26 inch barrels. I know yours is 24 inches, but who cares! That thing is a hammer. You did good !!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:02 PM
Platinum Member

Sackett, she's a nice looking rifle, paint brings out the custom look. You said plastic? or is it composite? I might be looking for something like that stock, any ideas? Something not too expensive but beddable? Did you use pillars?
Old 04-30-2013, 09:03 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etisll40 View Post
Sackett, she's a nice looking rifle, paint brings out the custom look. You said plastic? or is it composite? I might be looking for something like that stock, any ideas? Something not too expensive but beddable? Did you use pillars?
No it is just a Remington (I guess plastic stock) I filled the stock portion with "great stuff" say $100.00 then had it glass bed and floated no pillars...then $5.00 for textured spray paint at wal-mart. LOL that's it!

WAITIN FOR THE NEXT
Old 04-30-2013, 09:11 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stw View Post
Sackett, I am convinced that the quality of the reamer was a big factor as to how accurate your rifle is. ( and obviously the smith too). I know of a couple of rifles that were rechambered to STW, and they are freaking lasers. One is a Browning, and the other is a Remington. Both have 26 inch barrels. I know yours is 24 inches, but who cares! That thing is a hammer. You did good !!
Would you believe that I brought the barrel on this forum for $40.00!!! He said it shot 3/4 moa with factory ammo, so I took a $40.00 chance and won big!! I thought that with proper reloading and shooter it would do at least 1/2 moa,,,,and well it exceeded my best wishes!

WAITIN FOR THE NEXT
Old 05-01-2013, 05:18 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Would you believe that I brought the barrel on this forum for $40.00!!! He said it shot 3/4 moa with factory ammo, so I took a $40.00 chance and won big!! I thought that with proper reloading and shooter it would do at least 1/2 moa,,,,and well it exceeded my best wishes!
Damn, what a deal for a very accurate barrel.

Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

Remington 700 LSS .257 Weatherby Magnum
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope
Old 05-01-2013, 06:55 AM
Platinum Member

That's a great story and it shows what a little cash and a little luck and elbow grease can produce.

Love the rifle, it's a custom in my book.

Be safe and fill the freezer!
Old 05-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etisll40 View Post
That's a great story and it shows what a little cash and a little luck and elbow grease can produce.

Love the rifle, it's a custom in my book.

Be safe and fill the freezer!
I'll second That