Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

7mm STW Reloading Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 08:20 AM
Bronze Member

Re: 7mm STW Reloading Thread

Im new to the group but not to the caliber.

Remington Sendero SF...all factory with a new Swarovski Z5 5-25x52 with the brh reticle. I've loaded mostly with 7828 and 140 grain ballistic tips.

Im attempting to get my brass inventory to a comfortable level and im always searching and finding as opportunities arise.

I love the thunder of the Stw!
Old 04-25-2013, 08:33 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty7mmstw View Post
I'd simply start 10% down (maybe a bit more- I don't know that bullet as I don't shoot Berger) and work into it. I'd guess a top within a grain or two.
Thanks, I might give it a shot, if they still have some left come payday. Buying that brass yesterday kinda wiped out my fun-fund till payday. LOL

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:35 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 grains View Post
Im new to the group but not to the caliber.

Remington Sendero SF...all factory with a new Swarovski Z5 5-25x52 with the brh reticle. I've loaded mostly with 7828 and 140 grain ballistic tips.

Im attempting to get my brass inventory to a comfortable level and im always searching and finding as opportunities arise.

I love the thunder of the Stw!
Post up some pics...Bet that thing is nasty!

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Bronze Member

I have a sako with a 26 inch barrel that loves 150 sierra boatails with 80 gr 7828 COAL 3.7 It also likes 162 sst and h1000 My gun hates reloader 22-25
Old 04-25-2013, 11:52 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Post up some pics...Bet that thing is nasty!
Gosh man I'm still learnin how to reply on here. Lol

I'll get some pics as soon as i can tho.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire306 View Post
Well, we have our own STW section now, we might as well start our own 7mm STW reloading thread.

Let's see what favorites are out there.

Please include what firearm you are using, including barrel type , length and twist.
Also include info for brass, bullets, primers, powder, charge weights, OAL, etc.
If you have a chrono, let use know the speeds you are getting.

Don't forget, anyone reading this, hand loading can be dangerous if done improperly.
Please view loads listed and a guideline and treat any load you find listed as if it is too hot for your rifle, and safely build up loads for your own firearm.
**Just because someone is using the same firearm you are, does not automatically make their loads safe for your firearm**

Be safe!

How do i upload photos?
Old 04-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Platinum Member

If you don't have a PhotoBucket account, get one. It's fee and easy to setup and use (also set your accounts to private, which I do b/c I don't want my pics all over the place and popping up on people's google searches and stuff).

Once you do, you simple click on the picture you want, then on the right-hand side of the screen you click on the box that says "IMG Code", which stands for Image Code, and it will highlight and say "copied". Then you come back to the forum, right click in the reply box and select "Paste". And it will paste the image code into the dialogue box. Then you hit "Submit Reply", and it posts your picture.

Quote: