Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

7mm STW Reloading Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 07:10 PM
Silver Member

Unhappy Re: 7mm STW Reloading Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Great.......I was gonna order some 25 and an 8lb'er of H1000 tomorrow when I get my paycheck. Guess not now.

Damnit...
Primers is one thing I ain't seeing nowhere.

Anybody got a line on them.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:31 PM

Re: 7mm STW Reloading Thread

i shoot 160 gr. speer w/78g 7828 215m -- shoots as good as you can hold it.. just got through building me a new stw-- going to try to shoot the 168 berger vld with same load if the pressure dont get me. jp
Old 04-19-2013, 07:18 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmith2 View Post
i shoot 160 gr. speer w/78g 7828 215m -- shoots as good as you can hold it.. just got through building me a new stw-- going to try to shoot the 168 berger vld with same load if the pressure dont get me. jp
You must have a long throated rifle; my sendero was hitting 63- 66 kpsi with a 140 sierra and 78 gr I 7828. The pressure graphs are in the main brotherhood thread. I went to rl25 with my rifle because it went just as fast with a bunch less pressure.... 58 kpsi with the 140 sierra.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:20 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Md reloader View Post
Primers is one thing I ain't seeing nowhere.

Anybody got a line on them.
They are all over the place here; there's a couple of places that don't have any but a few are well stocked. I'm sorry though, I'm not shipping haz-mat stuff.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Platinum Member

Yep, we got primers out the wahoo here, now....But these days bullets and powder has become the latest pain in the ass to find, for the last month or 2...

This mad-man sheeple hoarding has got to stop.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Yep, we got primers out the wahoo here, now....But these days bullets and powder has become the latest pain in the ass to find, for the last month or 2...

This mad-man sheeple hoarding has got to stop.
I called one shop here in town. He did not have any and was not going to order them as he was closing shop and moving to Texas.
He also said a wasn't likely to find them in this area.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:51 PM
Platinum Member

That sucks....If you're willing to pay Haz-Mat shipping, my local place might be able to hook you up with a brick (1000) of Federals.

Next paycheck I'm going to go pickup a brick of Fed 215 GMM's, if they have them in stock.

I'm a little gun-shy about helping someone else on the internet with my little source for stuff, b/c the last time the guy said he would leave me a box of bullets, and order all but 1 (b/c I was going to pick up that 1 box that afternoon after work), and the bastard bought every damn box they had. My buddy who works there said the dude asked him how many they had, he told him 4, the asshat said, "I'll take all of them..." What a douche...

That's pretty messed up, especially since I was being nice and helping HIM out... Makes you wonder if there really is any good folks still left out there that don't lie to your face, just to get what they want.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.