Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

7mm STW Reloading Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 07:04 AM
Bronze Member

Re: 7mm STW Reloading Thread

[QUOTE=Lefty7mmstw;801680]Just wondering here "aloud" if MY pipe will eat it I guess. If they say it's a go my rifle may still puke on it. She's pretty fussy.[/QUO

Yea, its one of those bullets that pushes the envelope. Its either the perfect load or a disaster. It'll be a fine line between the two, but its possible.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire306 View Post
Well, we have our own STW section now, we might as well start our own 7mm STW reloading thread.

Let's see what favorites are out there.

Please include what firearm you are using, including barrel type , length and twist.
Also include info for brass, bullets, primers, powder, charge weights, OAL, etc.
If you have a chrono, let use know the speeds you are getting.

Don't forget, anyone reading this, hand loading can be dangerous if done improperly.
Please view loads listed and a guideline and treat any load you find listed as if it is too hot for your rifle, and safely build up loads for your own firearm.
**Just because someone is using the same firearm you are, does not automatically make their loads safe for your firearm**

Be safe!
Has anyone any experience with W867?
Old 05-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 grains View Post
Has anyone any experience with W867?
I have a fair amount of experience with wc872.. Wideners says it's equivalent to wc867. Right in the ballpark with h870 and aa8700. If you work up your loads as you should you can use that data.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty7mmstw View Post
I have a fair amount of experience with wc872.. Wideners says it's equivalent to wc867. Right in the ballpark with h870 and aa8700. If you work up your loads as you should you can use that data.
Thanks Lefty! I had ordered us 869 and then saw 867 for 1/3 of the price and ya know the rest.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:20 AM

Using 867. I use 84.3 gr of powder in 139gr btsp & Sst in my ruger #1 it loves them.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahunter View Post
Using 867. I use 84.3 gr of powder in 139gr btsp & Sst in my ruger #1 it loves them.
Wideners website wont allow me to set up an account, or I'd fang sure order 24 lbs. Lol
Old 05-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Platinum Member

Hey guys, just wanted to pass along a little tid bit of info. For those of you that may have a 7 RUM, the full length resizer for the RUM can be made to do a perfect neck sizer for the STW. But , you MUST back it off about .030, or you will contact, or partially push back the shoulder. I tried it a while back, and found an even better way, using a seven mag die, backed WAAAYYY of, but the 7 ultra die will do the same, with NO body contact. Again, just be sure to back it off a little, or better yet, smoke the neck and shoulder, and run it down to the bottom of the neck. 7STW out!