Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Gold Member

Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Ok everybody ,here is 7STW's Sharpshooter.....Awesome
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner-ss.jpg   7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner-ss2.jpg  

7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner-ss3.jpg   7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner-ss4.jpg  

7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner-ss5.jpg  
Old 05-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamehawker View Post
Great news, I talked to Shooting Crony this morning and the total cost (with shipping back to me) to fix the Chrony is less than $38. I'll have it back by the end of next week.

I have also scheduled to go to the gunsmith by York, PA on Monday to have:

- install the Jewell triggers I have on the two Senderos and my LSS 257 Weatherby Magnum
- repair it or recrown the damaged outside crown of the barrel on the one Sendero
- skim bed the other Sendero
- bedding job and maybe bedding pillars installed in LSS 257 Weatherby Magnum

Looking forward to going to the range to see what impact this work on the rifles has had after I get the rifles back.
Man, you are in for a BIG and Good surprise. All of those things,done either altogether, or one at a time makes all the difference in the world, both in your confidence, and on paper, which actually feed each other. When you add up all the things that we learn at the loading bench, and add it to the things that we do to the equipment, it all Equals accuracy. You are going to think you have a new gun! . P/ S, leave the boresighter home this time. All the best!
Old 05-10-2012, 08:11 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBean View Post
Thanks butterbean for posting the pix for me. There are actually two,STW's there. One is my Sako 75' which I just got in december, and of course the Sharpshhoter, that I got today. Believe me when I tell you, the pictures do it NO justice at all. For that matter, to either one of them. I have owned a lot of rifles in my life, and will own more yet, but I can honestly say, that I have never owned one this nice. This thing is a jewel. No regrets on the sacrifices. thanks again butterbean!!!!!
Old 05-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stw View Post
Thanks butterbean for posting the pix for me. There are actually two,STW's there. One is my Sako 75' which I just got in december, and of course the Sharpshhoter, that I got today. Believe me when I tell you, the pictures do it NO justice at all. For that matter, to either one of them. I have owned a lot of rifles in my life, and will own more yet, but I can honestly say, that I have never owned one this nice. This thing is a jewel. No regrets on the sacrifices. thanks again butterbean!!!!!
It was My pleasure Bro
Old 05-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Platinum Member

I'm thinking my next will be 25" and maybe a #4 Broughton contour with fluting, mainly for carry ability and more for upright shooting off of sticks, kneeling. I'm thinking of just shooting a 140 grain bullet. How fast a twist rate and what speed could I expect?
Old 05-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBean View Post
Incredible looking rifle!

I can't wait to hear how it shoots.

Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

Remington 700 LSS .257 Weatherby Magnum
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope
Old 05-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etisll40 View Post
I'm thinking my next will be 25" and maybe a #4 Broughton contour with fluting, mainly for carry ability and more for upright shooting off of sticks, kneeling. I'm thinking of just shooting a 140 grain bullet. How fast a twist rate and what speed could I expect?
I would stick with a 9 twist, or maybe a 9.5. That way, if you decided to shoot the heavies once in a while, they will shoot. As far as speed, even with a 25 in barrel, you can still get the same speed, or nearly so. Just use RL19, or H4831 ssc with the 140's and hello 3400. Better use a stout bullet though!! I think that 3400 is very possible, in fact I know that it can be done, but even if you are a little under that, the deer won't tell anybody.
P/ S, brought on makes a damn nice barrel!