Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Bronze Member

Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Has anyone loaded up any of the Barnes LRX for their STW yet? Not sure if they are available up here yet.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Platinum Member

GUYS, I have a announcement that a few of you will recall me mentioning it a while ago. I don't even know where to begin, but I am getting that Winchester Custom Sharpshooter!!!!!!!! The owner of the gunshop gave me first option today. The price is $1200.00. SOLD flew out of my mouth so fast you would not even believe. This happened earlier today, and I have been so excited, I haven't even been able to sit down and tell you all about, particularly, Ed, Dano, Butterbean, Fred.
This gun was a closet queen for about 12-15 years. It was owned by
a guy who worked at the gunshop. He got sick, and sold it to the owner of the gunshot. I was there when he put the scope on it, and I saw it shoot at the gun range . Guys, I can't even type!!!
My son and I went out for breakfast this morning, and we stopped in " just to poke around". The owner saw me come in, and smiled. He said I have something to show you! He pulled out the Sharpshooter, and I was confused at first. I thought it was another one. After about 10 seconds, I realized that this was the one he had, and as promised, he gave me first option. He had put the price tag on it, before I came in. That was his asking price regardless of if I bought it, or anyone else. I gave him $60 bucks to hold it, and I told him I am going to trade in my 300 ultra mag Sendero II , towards it as well. He said OK, and put it behind the counter. I haven't been right since.
This gun has a Schneider stainless barrel, and a McMillan stock. Trigger is SwEEEEEET. So I an going to sacrifice the 300 RUM, but I think I am getting a heck of gun . If it was any other time, I would have done it a little different, but I am close to finishing the other gun, and the 300 was the only thing that will barter with. Guys, I am telling you, my hands are shaking as I am typing this, and thank God for spell check! Talk to me boys!!!!!
Old 05-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Bronze Member

Boy and I thought my 5 year old daughter was excited today as it is her birthday!! Congrats on your new gun sounds like a heck of a gun!! Enjoy!!
Old 05-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stw View Post
GUYS, I have a announcement that a few of you will recall me mentioning it a while ago. I don't even know where to begin, but I am getting that Winchester Custom Sharpshooter!!!!!!!! The owner of the gunshop gave me first option today. The price is $1200.00. SOLD flew out of my mouth so fast you would not even believe. This happened earlier today, and I have been so excited, I haven't even been able to sit down and tell you all about, particularly, Ed, Dano, Butterbean, Fred.
a guy who worked at the gunshop. He got sick, and sold it to the owner of the gunshot. I was there when he put the scope on it, and I saw it shoot at the gun range . Guys, I can't even type!!!
My son and I went out for breakfast this morning, and we stopped in " just to poke around". The owner saw me come in, and smiled. He said I have something to show you! He pulled out the Sharpshooter, and I was confused at first. I thought it was another one. After about 10 seconds, I realized that this was the one he had, and as promised, he gave me first option. He had put the price tag on it, before I came in. That was his asking price regardless of if I bought it, or anyone else. I gave him $60 bucks to hold it, and I told him I am going to trade in my 300 ultra mag Sendero II , towards it as well. He said OK, and put it behind the counter. I haven't been right since.
This gun has a Schneider stainless barrel, and a McMillan stock. Trigger is SwEEEEEET. So I an going to sacrifice the 300 RUM, but I think I am getting a heck of gun . If it was any other time, I would have done it a little different, but I am close to finishing the other gun, and the 300 was the only thing that will barter with. Guys, I am telling you, my hands are shaking as I am typing this, and thank God for spell check! Talk to me boys!!!!!
Congrats!!!

I did not see what the caliber of this rifle.

What is it?

Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

Remington 700 LSS .257 Weatherby Magnum
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope
Old 05-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stw View Post
7stw, Im at a loss for words my brother, I know how you feel, Thats how I was over the Laredo and I know you will never turn loose of it but if you do I hope im first in line.......as for trading the RUM........WHO CARES BROTHER...... ITS A SHARPSHOOTER ......Congrats my Brother
Old 05-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Sweet!!
Old 05-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamehawker View Post
Congrats!!!

I did not see what the caliber of this rifle.

What is it?
What else, 7MM STW. Very, VERY rare, and this thing is a shooter. Also, very low round count. Less than a hundred.