Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

I just DID!!!! hahahahaah

taking the wife out to dinner in a few.. >Call you later buddy!!!!
Old 04-06-2014, 09:53 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
Welcome to the Brotherhood. You will find this to be the most addicting caliber a guy will ever shoot particularly if he likes shooting across big, wide, flat areas out west which is of course, what it was developed for.

As for scope advice you are getting some good advice.

For their price point you can't beat the vortex viper PST's. I'm fixing to sell a 4-16x50 PTS EBR1 that I bought for a spare and no longer need so if you want it let me know and I'll price it well below the cost of a new one.
Hey.........shoot me a price on the glass Brother
Old 04-06-2014, 11:45 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBean View Post
Hey.........shoot me a price on the glass Brother
Beans if Mario doesn't want them both I'll let you know which is available and at what price.

One is a 4-16x50 the other is the 6-24x50 both EBR1 reticles with .10 Mil adjustments.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Bronze Member

I just read a review of nosler brass on midway usa website by a guy that builds stw rifles with slower twist rates and gets 4000 fps with 140 gr bullet. Anyone know who he is?
Old 04-09-2014, 01:28 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 grains View Post
I just read a review of nosler brass on midway usa website by a guy that builds stw rifles with slower twist rates and gets 4000 fps with 140 gr bullet. Anyone know who he is?
You don't have to post questions twice. However, check the other thread for my response.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:33 PM
Gold Member

[QUOTE=80 grains;941123]I just read a review of nosler brass on midway usa website by a guy that builds stw rifles with slower twist rates and gets 4000 fps with 140 gr bullet. Anyone know who he is?[/QUOTE) Yep I know him.........He's a legend in hus own mind
Old 04-09-2014, 04:46 PM
Platinum Member

I couldn't copy it, but here's what the review said...

Wow............He must be "speshul"...

"(5 of 12 customers found this review helpful)

5.0Nosler Brass is some of ...

By Howard G.
from Weslaco, TX

Comments about Nosler Custom Reloading Brass 7mm STW Box of 25:
Nosler Brass is some of the finest brass on the market today period. Yes it is a little pricey, but flash holes are of equal size. Brass is all of equal measurements and strong. For the guy who says the primer pockets enlarge, he has a serious pressure problem with his loads. 7mm STW factory guns have 1-9"& 1-10" twist rates... Loads will vary as to what twist rate. 9 twists will use a lower charge and 10 twists will use slightly more charge. Really the 7mm STW twist rates are WRONG period. It should have a much slower twist rate than they used. I know this for a fact as I build them to shoot 4000 fps. With a 140 premium bullet. This will kill any animal on the plant long range. 4975 foot pounds of muzzle energy. Have a witnessed kill over one mile-1760 yards with it on NILGAI ANTELOPE. Cannot be done with any factory gun. CUSTOM 7mm STW with the best of optics and the works. Using Nosler 7mm STW BRASS! No pressure problems or enlarged primer pockets... buy it, It is the best money can buy!

(5 of 12 customers found this review helpful)

Was this review helpful? Yes / No
- You may also flag this review"

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.