Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW


Reply

7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3872  
Old 10-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: West Terre Haute Indiana
Posts: 553
Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioq View Post
BROS,

I have not forgotten about yall..... I nailed a 333 2/8 bull in New Mexico at the Valle Calderas.... Pics to come soon... along with the story...
I got home and got slammed at work with dead lines so no time to upload pics and type the pic... And, I must apologize ahead of time, it was killed with the 338 Lapua... but she was first and never was able to eat so I had to feed her... My 2 STWs are coming with me to MT on Nov 15th for deer and elk combo tag near LIMA mt...

Until the story,

Mario
Congrats Bro ....You Da Man
__________________
ButterBean
Remember.....Dont argue with stupid people,They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Reply With Quote
  #3873  
Old 10-28-2013, 11:01 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Halfway between Lubbock and Dallas
Posts: 4,799
Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioq View Post
BROS,

I have not forgotten about yall..... I nailed a 333 2/8 bull in New Mexico at the Valle Calderas.... Pics to come soon... along with the story...
I got home and got slammed at work with dead lines so no time to upload pics and type the pic... And, I must apologize ahead of time, it was killed with the 338 Lapua... but she was first and never was able to eat so I had to feed her... My 2 STWs are coming with me to MT on Nov 15th for deer and elk combo tag near LIMA mt...

Until the story,

Mario
You done real well there Grasshopper!
__________________
Without the First and Second Amendments the rest of The Constitution is Meaningless.
Reply With Quote
  #3874  
Old 10-29-2013, 03:01 AM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: pa
Posts: 57
Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

got a primer ? do any of you use cci large rifle br primers with H1000 . I having problems getting extreme spread down in single didgets or in teens consent . I tried all the mag primers except for wolf primers . I mainly use fed 215m in this on I weights sort brass . it is neck turn brass . nosler brass and some win brass . I don't see any differents between brass in fps any opions would be nice thanks
Reply With Quote
  #3875  
Old 10-29-2013, 04:31 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Halfway between Lubbock and Dallas
Posts: 4,799
Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamadog View Post
got a primer ? do any of you use cci large rifle br primers with H1000 . I having problems getting extreme spread down in single didgets or in teens consent . I tried all the mag primers except for wolf primers . I mainly use fed 215m in this on I weights sort brass . it is neck turn brass . nosler brass and some win brass . I don't see any differents between brass in fps any opions would be nice thanks
The 215 is pretty much the go to primer for most of us.

Separate your brass by brand. Believe it or not even slight differences in wall and neck thickness can make a significant difference in ES.

If you can get your ES down under 50fps consistently till you get past 1000yds the difference in POI is going to be negligible. It is nice to have it well under that down in single digits but it is rare to get a big magnum that consistent.

How are you measuring your powder? Are you weighing each load or using an auto charger like the RCBS powder measure? If you are weighing each load, what method/brand of scale are you using?
__________________
Without the First and Second Amendments the rest of The Constitution is Meaningless.
Reply With Quote
  #3876  
Old 10-29-2013, 09:59 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 5,892
Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

I use an RCBS Chargemaster 1500, but I still weigh each load down to exacting tolerances. I don't even let it vary by +/- 0.1 gr...It has to be zero'd out, or else it get's adjusted one way or the other.
__________________
"I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns..." - Bob Lee Swagger

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Reply With Quote
  #3877  
Old 10-29-2013, 12:04 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: pa
Posts: 57
Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

I weight them with charge master every one . and I don't mix brand of brass . all brass is turned to .012 . mabe I need a better scale . I don't have any loads over 50 fps but having hard time getting out of 20fps to 36 fps .
Reply With Quote
  #3878  
Old 10-29-2013, 01:26 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: West Terre Haute Indiana
Posts: 553
Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamadog View Post
I weight them with charge master every one . and I don't mix brand of brass . all brass is turned to .012 . mabe I need a better scale . I don't have any loads over 50 fps but having hard time getting out of 20fps to 36 fps .
What kind of groups are you getting?
__________________
ButterBean
Remember.....Dont argue with stupid people,They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wy. antelope shooting times??? jorvin Antelope Hunting 5 04-20-2013 08:05 AM
nightforce nxs times 2 tjonh2001 Optics For Sale 0 02-09-2010 11:14 PM
.358 Shooting Times Alaskan COBrad Guns For Sale 3 10-20-2009 11:07 PM
first 2 times out Kohly Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards 0 01-04-2009 03:34 PM
Some times the shooting gods smile ss7mm General Discussion 12 06-20-2005 03:32 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC