Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Thanks guys!!!! I really appreciate it!!! I couldn't even get off the mountain where I was shooting before I had to tell a brother about my baby!!!!
7, be carefull, I may ask for your new address and let her come fly with you in MD where the deer and no antelope play!!!!! That's way, she can play with some deer!!!

I'll let y'all know she does
Old 07-23-2013, 04:41 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioq View Post
Thanks guys!!!! I really appreciate it!!! I couldn't even get off the mountain where I was shooting before I had to tell a brother about my baby!!!!
7, be carefull, I may ask for your new address and let her come fly with you in MD where the deer and no antelope play!!!!! That's way, she can play with some deer!!!

I'll let y'all know she does
Well, if everything goes right this weekend, I'll at least know what my my NEW address will be. We've been eyeing a few homes, and I've keyed in on one of them, and if it looks good, I put an offer on it Sunday. I can't even tell you how good it feels to to be able to go back to where you have always called HOME.
PS, and if you send her my way, she'll eat very well!! enjoy your toy my friend, it truly is a beauty!!
Old 07-23-2013, 05:04 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stw View Post
Well, if everything goes right this weekend, I'll at least know what my my NEW address will be. We've been eyeing a few homes, and I've keyed in on one of them, and if it looks good, I put an offer on it Sunday. I can't even tell you how good it feels to to be able to go back to where you have always called HOME.
PS, and if you send her my way, she'll eat very well!! enjoy your toy my friend, it truly is a beauty!!
I'll need that address. If I can't get an elk or deer by October, may need you to take my big girl to eat!!!!
Good luck buddy. Glad you are happy
Old 07-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
I'll need that address. If I can't get an elk or deer by October, may need you to take my big girl to eat!!!!
Good luck buddy. Glad you are happy
Mario,Im sure glad 7STW is moving back down to MD as he will only be about a 6 hour drive from me but Im tellin Ya Bro if your gonna send that Mule out this way send it to me........Where 7 is moving to is by the coast and you dont want that rig out in the salty air and humidity and all the other harmful elements ....The NC air is crisp and clear and anything else you want me to tell you so that I can get my hands on that rig
Old 07-23-2013, 07:46 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBean View Post
Mario,Im sure glad 7STW is moving back down to MD as he will only be about a 6 hour drive from me but Im tellin Ya Bro if your gonna send that Mule out this way send it to me........Where 7 is moving to is by the coast and you dont want that rig out in the salty air and humidity and all the other harmful elements ....The NC air is crisp and clear and anything else you want me to tell you so that I can get my hands on that rig

Hahahaha. Make it the traveling STW!!!! Everyone gets a shot
Old 07-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Platinum Member

Took 7stw's advice and bought some 180 gr Berger targets as the MV is pretty fast and as many here have said, beyond 3200 fps, these things explode!!!

Also bought some 168 LRXs. I am game to try something else. I know brother butterbean likes the CT bullets. Maybe some of those long range accubonds.
Heck I don't know. This is the cool part. Picking things and trying them!!!

Anyway, maybe the traveling STW would
Like a load developement by everyone that touches her.

Just please don't forget the jimmy hat!!!!!
Old 07-24-2013, 07:07 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Took 7stw's advice and bought some 180 gr Berger targets as the MV is pretty fast and as many here have said, beyond 3200 fps, these things explode!!!

Also bought some 168 LRXs. I am game to try something else. I know brother butterbean likes the CT bullets. Maybe some of those long range accubonds.
Heck I don't know. This is the cool part. Picking things and trying them!!!

Anyway, maybe the traveling STW would
Like a load developement by everyone that touches her.

Just please don't forget the jimmy hat!!!!!
Mario, Im a big fan of the Barnes Bullet rite myself .....I shot them last year in several different rifles with unreal results on Deer and they shot in everything I have loaded them in so far