Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 grains View Post
7stw. That's exactly the reason i posted about a build...the wealth of info from fellas who know their stuff. I am grateful for everyone's kindness!

I would've never thought about the reamer. This tells me to slow down and research everything involved. I feel like i need a blame grocery list. Lol
Don't laugh, the " grocery list" is a good idea. It's a pain to keep second guessing yourself all the time, AFTER you get the ball rolling! do all of THAT before you make your arrangements. When I just built my 280' it all started by me running into a deal on the barrel, which was a Brux. ( I found it here in the classifieds, and it was one of the " Brothers " too!).
There's no particular order either. You can buy the stock, action, or barrel, at any time, but you have to a least have a vision of what your final product will be . But as I said earlier, the most important thing, is of course the Gunsmith, to whom will be doing the work. ( just because they waer a shop apron, and own a Bridgeport lathe, DOSENT make them a gunsmith!). Reputations make good gunsmiths, and vice versa!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stw View Post
Don't laugh, the " grocery list" is a good idea. It's a pain to keep second guessing yourself all the time, AFTER you get the ball rolling! do all of THAT before you make your arrangements. When I just built my 280' it all started by me running into a deal on the barrel, which was a Brux. ( I found it here in the classifieds, and it was one of the " Brothers " too!).
There's no particular order either. You can buy the stock, action, or barrel, at any time, but you have to a least have a vision of what your final product will be . But as I said earlier, the most important thing, is of course the Gunsmith, to whom will be doing the work. ( just because they waer a shop apron, and own a Bridgeport lathe, DOSENT make them a gunsmith!). Reputations make good gunsmiths, and vice versa!
True story!

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:40 PM
Bronze Member

7stw
would you mind if I borrowed your name on here and used it for a personal liesense plate for my pu
Old 06-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stw View Post
X-2 ....Always check on the reamer ......I just buy one that saves me the worry
Old 06-14-2013, 03:47 AM
Bronze Member

Butterbean, precisely my thoughts! That's one way to eliminate an old worn out one being used. For some reason tho i was thinking the barrel was reamed at the place you bought it from.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:50 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muliehunter View Post
7stw
would you mind if I borrowed your name on here and used it for a personal liesense plate for my pu
You wouldn't be the first. I saw a picture of a license plate in Colorado that was 7STW.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:42 PM
Silver Member

Okay Brothers, the STW brass well is now dry. I've got 4 bags of 50pcs of new Rem STW brass. First come first served.
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...03/#post818482