Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW


Reply

7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3599  
Old 06-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 4,519
Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs View Post
Lefty you clearly know more than me on this subject. What I found interesting was what the guy told me about the change in the quantity they are now allowing on a ship.
That's probably just more Big Brother crap, trying to keep us from rollin our own....

They got their ammo, cornered the market, and now putting strains on things when they're trying to go back to normal.....Seems more than strange and fishy to me...
__________________
"I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns..." - Bob Lee Swagger

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Reply With Quote
  #3600  
Old 06-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: N.D.
Posts: 2,625
Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs View Post
Lefty you clearly know more than me on this subject. What I found interesting was what the guy told me about the change in the quantity they are now allowing on a ship.
no problem bud.
Half of what I hear at the lgs has to go in one ear and out the other. He is correct that some of what was at one time made here isn't anymore though. The imr series were made by dupont and are now canadian(unless that's changed again) imports. Many of the hodgdon stick powders were mil surp. stuff that was originally produced in the states; adi in kangaroo land makes the stick hodgdon now.
Reply With Quote
  #3601  
Old 06-12-2013, 04:22 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: N.D.
Posts: 2,625
Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
That's probably just more Big Brother crap, trying to keep us from rollin our own....

They got their ammo, cornered the market, and now putting strains on things when they're trying to go back to normal.....Seems more than strange and fishy to me...
One of the biggest reasons I always keep some stuff on hand to roll my own with at all times. I buy when others aren't caring to buy as I get a better deal. It looks like the deal fairy has lost her mo-jo lately though. Since billy bob junior has been in there have been virtually no deals. It gets expensive letting the rifles go bang when the replacement cost has tripled.
Reply With Quote
  #3602  
Old 06-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 141
Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty7mmstw View Post
One of the biggest reasons I always keep some stuff on hand to roll my own with at all times. I buy when others aren't caring to buy as I get a better deal. It looks like the deal fairy has lost her mo-jo lately though. Since billy bob junior has been in there have been virtually no deals. It gets expensive letting the rifles go bang when the replacement cost has tripled.
I think that is part of his strategy.
Reply With Quote
  #3603  
Old 06-12-2013, 06:02 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 4,519
Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

I agree...He wants to not only make the stuff harder to come by, but wants to tax the bejesus out of what we do get. I pray we get a conservative gun-nut in office next go around.....We need some wins for the gun community to shut up all these liberal anti-gun pussies.
__________________
"I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns..." - Bob Lee Swagger

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Reply With Quote
  #3604  
Old 06-13-2013, 09:04 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 141
Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
I agree...He wants to not only make the stuff harder to come by, but wants to tax the bejesus out of what we do get. I pray we get a conservative gun-nut in office next go around.....We need some wins for the gun community to shut up all these liberal anti-gun pussies.
In order for that to happen we all need to convert some votes to our side or at least get some like-thinking folks to get out & vote instead of sitting home complaining. I find the easiest, funnest & best thing is to get as many non-shooters as I can out to the range for some fun. This has led to many converts. Every single one that I have taken shooting has changed their views in a lot of ways. Sorry for the politics guys, but we ALL need to do what we can or we will soon lose the sports we love.
Reply With Quote
  #3605  
Old 06-13-2013, 09:27 AM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: colby kansas
Posts: 65
Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Very true
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wy. antelope shooting times??? jorvin Antelope Hunting 5 04-20-2013 08:05 AM
nightforce nxs times 2 tjonh2001 Optics For Sale 0 02-09-2010 11:14 PM
.358 Shooting Times Alaskan COBrad Guns For Sale 3 10-20-2009 11:07 PM
first 2 times out Kohly Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards 0 01-04-2009 03:34 PM
Some times the shooting gods smile ss7mm General Discussion 12 06-20-2005 03:32 AM

Current Poll
Do you wear hearing protection while hunting?

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC