Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Thanks, I didn't make a profit but I saw someone bought some, a 100 lot at Graf's (.60 free shipping) but they had a limited supply, and now another lot of 500 available by MidSouth at .60 + or - shipping if they charge it? I'd buy it at that price, but who knows. The stuff does get in short supply. I still have 150 extra from the original 2000, but I am going to keep it as I'll use.

I did however email my wholesaler and I trust him and he can get volume, here's what he wrote me:

Ed,

Prices must have dropped for some reason with the April Wholesaler catalog. I have not recieved mine yet for some reason but expected prices to increase. I always check Graf's retail price before I price anything, they are my guideline that I beat.

Sorry, I though we were doing the right thing ordering pre new price. Maybe thats why catalog is running late, it usually is here before the quarter ends.

Sorry, I am upside down on some also.

John

I'd give his last name but out of courtesy i wouldn't want to embarrass him in any way. I learned something, but I believe he sells them to me with little profit. It will be interesting to see where prices go this year. Now I know to check 2 other sources, Graf's, Midsouth and I always look at Midway, Cabela's and Bruno's.

I hope this clears any confusion.

Ed
Old 04-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etisll40 View Post
Gamehawker,

That's a good price for brass, is shipping free? I paid .72 but with 2000, they came drop shipped free, insured.

Let me know though, I will call my wholesaler and give him hell. But I'd like to know the net cost. You're and talking around .60 per case without shipping. That's the lowest I've ever seen. Someone bought a small lot last week I read at the same price, from Graf's so it's important to me as I will be buying again this year.
It looks like the shipping to me would be $12.92 for a total of $305.48 (brass with shipping).

So the cost per case would be .61 cents.

That's an awesome price.

I paid a total of $387.33 at Natchez for 500, so the cost was .77 cents per case.

I guess I should have waited.

Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

Remington 700 LSS .257 Weatherby Magnum
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope
Old 04-17-2012, 08:31 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks for the great info and encouragement. I'm hoping to find out thursday, I'll post my results.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stw View Post
If the price is right , grab it. I have heard good things about them, but you know that there is a dog in every bush , though! Is it stainless or CM? Either way, if the price is right, go for it.

It is a 26" Stainless Steel with a "I believe" #3 varmint barrel, brand new never thread on action .short chambered 7mmstw..for $110. ????
Old 04-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Oliver View Post
Been going through my 7STW stuff and found a box and half of WW Ballistic Silvertip factory loads. They came with an STW I got from a friend.

Any of you guys used these loads? What's the black coating on the bullets? Looks and feels like teflon........I'm concerned that it will foul my bbl. and be hard to remove. I don't do moly and have no desire to get into coated bullets.

Should I just pull the bullets and salvage the brass??

Thanks,
Jim
Its Lubalox not teflon....IMO one of the best bullets I have ever shot .....its a coated Nosler BT and it wont foul the barrel like teflon will ........you can shoot them with no worries
Old 04-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
It is a 26" Stainless Steel with a "I believe" #3 varmint barrel, brand new never thread on action .short chambered 7mmstw..for $110. ????
Sackett,
AAAHH, buy it, That's not a bad price for a stainless barrel
FE
Old 04-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etisll40 View Post
Thanks, I didn't make a profit

I hope this clears any confusion.

Ed
Ed, We all KNEW the price when we purchased from you...You did a LOT of work for all of us who purchased these brass,,as I said in my orginal "thank-You" post..You went above and beyond to help us "Brotherhood" guys!! Thanks Again!!