Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Silver Member

Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by etisll40 View Post
Hey guys, I do have a little to spare, maybe 2 50 lots, send me a PM if you run out. I called my guy and he is backordered or me, I'm going to see what price I can get on 5000. Maybe I'll do a group buy here. from what I've seen, remington is still the only volume maker and they do 1-2 special runs a year. I'll keep you posted.
Sounds great. I just sent you a money order for a fifty lot last week.
Looking forward to getting them.
I have not yet loaded for my STW, but from what I'm reading,3 to 4 reloads is what can be expected.Does that sound right?
Old 04-11-2013, 03:25 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etisll40 View Post
Hey guys, I do have a little to spare, maybe 2 50 lots, send me a PM if you run out. I called my guy and he is backordered or me, I'm going to see what price I can get on 5000. Maybe I'll do a group buy here. from what I've seen, remington is still the only volume maker and they do 1-2 special runs a year. I'll keep you posted.
Just let us know. I'm pretty sure our little group here could take care of any "overages" in the order LOL.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Md reloader View Post
Sounds great. I just sent you a money order for a fifty lot last week.
Looking forward to getting them.
I have not yet loaded for my STW, but from what I'm reading,3 to 4 reloads is what can be expected.Does that sound right?
Md, the among if firings you may is really dependent on how much you beat them up when you fire them. If your chamber is tight, and the brass dosen't have to expand TOO much, you may get a little more. Also, if you are loading on the warm side, that too will tax your brass life. One thing that I do when I full length resize, or when I set up my resizer die, is to NOT bottom out the die on the shell holder. In fact, I usually end up with about .020 +-, gap. What this does, is not push the shoulder back, but it does keep it in check. Later on, you can set your die up as a bump die, if you don't know how to do it already. That REALLY gets more life from the cases, and you gain a little powder room, but not much. Most importantly, it takes the stress off of the area above the belt, by making it headspace on the shoulder, instead of the belt.
Remington necks usually last pretty well. The primer pockets are usually the first thing to go. It's all about PRESSURE.
You might get 5-6 firings I'd you don't load too hot, and set up your resizer just right.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks gunsmith! Im addicted! To the Stw. Lol
Old 04-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Silver Member

Well guys, I just stepped into a mini goldmine yesterday! Don't want to brag too much, but part of that goldmine was 150pcs of brand new Remington 7mm STW brass. Ill do three lots of 50 so three guys can get some. I pm'd MDReloader first because he asked about the 40 I had listed in the marketplace that were already sold. So he gets first dibs. $50 for the brass, plus priority mail flat rate shipping (assuming it will fit in the small box or envelope) There is a possibility of 150 more brass if you guys want!
Old 04-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep View Post
Well guys, I just stepped into a mini goldmine yesterday! Don't want to brag too much, but part of that goldmine was 150pcs of brand new Remington 7mm STW brass. Ill do three lots of 50 so three guys can get some. I pm'd MDReloader first because he asked about the 40 I had listed in the marketplace that were already sold. So he gets first dibs. $50 for the brass, plus priority mail flat rate shipping (assuming it will fit in the small box or envelope) There is a possibility of 150 more brass if you guys want!
Black sheep, that's a nice gesture to pass along, and help out other folks too. I too just stepped into a gold mine, as I stumbled into two bricks of 215 GM primers. A guy had actually traded them in for other goods in the gun shop that I do business with. I almost fell over. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time, I guess. Maybe after this next hurdle that is going on in the senate, things might start to straighten up. At my gunshop, that I go to, things come in spurts. Supplies show up, but they get gobbled up pretty quick as well.
Maybe Remington will have another run on STW brass again this spring, like they did last year!
Nice score on the brass, and again, a nice gesture too. That's why we are " the Brotherhood", huh?
Old 04-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Silver Member

Well, since you started it, I too got a brick of Fed 215gm's, as well as 2 bricks of small rifle primers for a buddy who loads 223's! I about fell over when I saw how many primers they had in stock, and I about wet myself when I saw the 215gm's!! $50 a brick isn't great, but it's not rape either! (although they did want $50 for a brick of 22's!!!!!) They also had the STW brass.
The brotherhood has helped me out a bunch, so yeah, that's what we are here for!!!

So now I have 9lbs of h1000, 4lbs of RL33, 1lb of RL25, 5 lbs of RL19, an opened lb of Retumbo, and an open lb of H380. Doing good on powder!
1300 215gm's, 300 WLR's for the 22-250 and probably 200 Rem 9 1/2m's.
100 Brand new Bertram 338 edge brass, and now I have to wait for Grit to finish that!!!
Now please guys, don't post your powder supplies, I don't want to lose a measuring contest!!!!!