Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Platinum Member

Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stw View Post
You've got a better chance of winning the lottery!!! Butterbean, has first dibs, and I KNOW I at least get sloppy seconds. But I must admit, he is a SHOW off!!! And I LOVE it. You go Gamehawker!!!!!!
Oh I know.....I just like to imagine the absolute slightest possibility of having a twin...It gives me a reason to live.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamehawker View Post
Bob,

You definitely got that that right.

I told my wife if something ever happens to me (and you may never know with my health issues) Lee gets the first dibs of the twins and you get the second!

I feel that they could not go to better people and I know who will appreciate them!

LOL, I like you said, I do admit too. "I'm a little bit of a SHOW off!
Since I won't have my twin, you could atleast sell me the LSS .257 Wby....I am still kicking myself in the ass for not buying one of those new back in 09 when I had the opportunity........

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 04-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Since I won't have my twin, you could atleast sell me the LSS .257 Wby....I am still kicking myself in the ass for not buying one of those new back in 09 when I had the opportunity........
Interesting, I guess you are reading my mind because I am thinking about selling my LSS .257 Wby. I took it up to my gunsmith yesterday and got the little kinks worked out of it. It was grouping .67 MOA before but I bet it will now do .25 MOA now. It also has the action bedded and a aftermarket replacement Jewell trigger (factory set by Jewell at 1 pound pull) like my 7mm STW Senderos.

I'll let you know if I put it on GunBroker. My LSS .257 Wby is pristine (only has a slight mark on the bolt handle and it came with a slight dent on the stock when I bought it new) and only has about 150 rounds through it.

The last LSS .257 Wby (it was used and it did not have it tuned by a gunsmith, it did not have the action bedded and it did not have a Jewell trigger) sold on Gunbroker for $1,350. I bet that LSS .257 Wby was not near as accurate as mine is!

REMINGTON MOD. 700 LSS 257 WEATHERBY mag : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

Remington 700 LSS .257 Weatherby Magnum
Old 04-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Platinum Member

Going to shoot my 257 weatherby now. Also my 6.5 X284. Time for barrel Break in, cleaning, and seeing how it shoots!!! Stw is about 2 weeks out
Old 04-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Platinum Member

Please let me know before you put it on GB As we might could work something out prior to the action. Never been a big auction fan. Had too many bad experiences on ebay. I don't use PayPal or any of that type of stuff. I can just send you a MO, and you can ship to my local FFL. He only charges $25 for long-guns. Pretty good folks, but their selection kinda sucks. But really helpful when it comes to transfers and stuff. LOL

You can shoot me a PM and we can discuss pricing and stuff. Also, would like a price with and without the scope setup, if you'd be willing to part with it.

I love my Accumark .257 Wby, but that sucker is so heavy you might as well be lugging around a cinder block through the woods... The LSS is a fair bit lighter weight. Been wanting to shoot one for a while to compare recoil and smoothness vs my Accumark.

Anyway, let me know. Thanks.

Quote:
Old 04-04-2013, 10:41 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etisll40 View Post
How about a 7/338 Norma, that's a nice case and not too long.
there are several that are nice and in that category- the dakota etc, I am thinking of brass cost, availability and OAL with a 195 Berger as an issue.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamehawker View Post
Interesting, I guess you are reading my mind because I am thinking about selling my LSS .257 Wby. I took it up to my gunsmith yesterday and got the little kinks worked out of it. It was grouping .67 MOA before but I bet it will now do .25 MOA now. It also has the action bedded and a aftermarket replacement Jewell trigger (factory set by Jewell at 1 pound pull) like my 7mm STW Senderos.

I'll let you know if I put it on GunBroker. My LSS .257 Wby is pristine (only has a slight mark on the bolt handle and it came with a slight dent on the stock when I bought it new) and only has about 150 rounds through it.

The last LSS .257 Wby (it was used and it did not have it tuned by a gunsmith, it did not have the action bedded and it did not have a Jewell trigger) sold on Gunbroker for $1,350. I bet that LSS .257 Wby was not near as accurate as mine is!

REMINGTON MOD. 700 LSS 257 WEATHERBY mag : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com
Here's a pic of it.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner-lss_257_wby_pic.jpg  

Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW

Remington 700 LSS .257 Weatherby Magnum