close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

Reply

7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3053  
Unread 03-20-2013, 10:20 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 9,252
Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

That sucks man!!! I'm sure she'll still shoot like a champ.

Thanks for the info on the Wyatt's box. I hope the Rem 700 is the same length.
__________________
"I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns..." - Bob Lee Swagger

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Reply With Quote
  •   #3054  
    Unread 03-20-2013, 11:37 PM
    Bronze Member
     
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Posts: 66
    Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

    Well I used this mishap as an excuse to get another barrel. I'll end making a 280 AI out of the original barrel for my wife and I ordered another Krieger but in a #14 Heavy Palma 1:9 5r LOL. I think it'll look better being a heavy contour for this project anyway.
    __________________
    Ben - Gunsmith
    Trails End Gunworks
    209 S. Magdalen
    San Angelo, TX 76903

    Shop Number - 325-212-4392
    Reply With Quote

      #3055  
    Unread 03-21-2013, 08:47 AM
    Bronze Member
     
    Join Date: Apr 2003
    Location: southwestern N.Y.
    Posts: 53
    Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
    Do they offer a modified magazine box setup? If so, link please!
    MudRunner,
    I have for 20 years been loading a box of 20 with four rounda that fit the magazine and the rest longer to my pefered seating depth. With my 700 Rem I load the short one first in the mag then the longer one which sticks out into the ramp area. I load one in the chamber and go to the woods. I have never in 20 years needed the third round, but even jumping it would be in the kill zone. Just my inexspensive solution.
    Brush
    Reply With Quote
      #3056  
    Unread 03-21-2013, 09:05 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Alabama
    Posts: 9,252
    Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SFR292 View Post
    Well I used this mishap as an excuse to get another barrel. I'll end making a 280 AI out of the original barrel for my wife and I ordered another Krieger but in a #14 Heavy Palma 1:9 5r LOL. I think it'll look better being a heavy contour for this project anyway.
    I love the .280AI.....My next build will be a 700 .280AI for whitetails.
    __________________
    "I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns..." - Bob Lee Swagger

    "Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
    Reply With Quote
      #3057  
    Unread 03-21-2013, 09:07 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Alabama
    Posts: 9,252
    Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brush4646 View Post
    MudRunner,
    I have for 20 years been loading a box of 20 with four rounda that fit the magazine and the rest longer to my pefered seating depth. With my 700 Rem I load the short one first in the mag then the longer one which sticks out into the ramp area. I load one in the chamber and go to the woods. I have never in 20 years needed the third round, but even jumping it would be in the kill zone. Just my inexspensive solution.
    Brush
    That is a good idea... I might have to look into that.

    I'm also gonna check into that Wyatt entended mag well.
    __________________
    "I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns..." - Bob Lee Swagger

    "Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
    Reply With Quote
      #3058  
    Unread 03-21-2013, 09:20 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Alabama
    Posts: 9,252
    Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

    That Wyatt extended mag says it requires modifications to the reciever to be able to use it with it functioning properly...

    Is this true, or is that their way of saying you MIGHT need to modify it?

    Wyatt's Outdoors Center Feed Extended Mag Box Follower Remington 700
    __________________
    "I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns..." - Bob Lee Swagger

    "Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
    Reply With Quote
      #3059  
    Unread 03-21-2013, 10:07 AM
    Bronze Member
     
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Posts: 66
    Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
    That Wyatt extended mag says it requires modifications to the reciever to be able to use it with it functioning properly...

    Is this true, or is that their way of saying you MIGHT need to modify it?

    Wyatt's Outdoors Center Feed Extended Mag Box Follower Remington 700
    Yes you have to machine the bottom of the receiver to open it up and you shorten the bolt stop as well. If I can get my pictures loaded for my build I have pictures showing me doing exactly that.
    __________________
    Ben - Gunsmith
    Trails End Gunworks
    209 S. Magdalen
    San Angelo, TX 76903

    Shop Number - 325-212-4392
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes


    Similar Threads for: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    wy. antelope shooting times??? jorvin Antelope Hunting 5 04-20-2013 08:05 AM
    nightforce nxs times 2 tjonh2001 Optics For Sale 0 02-09-2010 11:14 PM
    .358 Shooting Times Alaskan COBrad Guns For Sale 3 10-20-2009 11:07 PM
    first 2 times out Kohly Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards 0 01-04-2009 03:34 PM
    Some times the shooting gods smile ss7mm General Discussion 12 06-20-2005 03:32 AM


    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC