Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 11:07 PM
Gold Member

Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeyedbass View Post
Well I'm th one that bought it hope i didnt step on anyones toes, I've been wanting that gun for years and it just never worked at for me timing or funds. I've been searching for that model for 2 months and had no luck so on Saturday I just ordered a custom build stiller action, brux barrell, mcmillan stock,ptg brake, Vortex 6x20 pst withe illuminated reticle and then this one popped up for a good price and I could resist so I have 2 lol.Dan

The Vortex Viper PSTs are 6-24x50 not 6x20.

Congrats on the two STWs, I guess.

Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

Remington 700 LSS .257 Weatherby Magnum
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope
Old 03-06-2013, 11:08 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Well I'm th one that bought it hope i didnt step on anyones toes, I've been wanting that gun for years and it just never worked at for me timing or funds. I've been searching for that model for 2 months and had no luck so on Saturday I just ordered a custom build stiller action, brux barrell, mcmillan stock,ptg brake, Vortex 6x20 pst withe illuminated reticle and then this one popped up for a good price and I could resist so I have 2 lol.Dan
Well, if you wanna get rid of it, please let me know. I can't be mad at you, but I was pretty perturbed, not gonna lie. Especially since he lives so close to me. LOL

Enjoy it, and let me know how she shoots. Once again, if you get rid of it, holler at me.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:06 AM
Platinum Member

Well, I'm trying to glue my rifle (7stw) together as I type this. I figured I'd bed the barrel first, try it for accuracy, and skim bed the receiver if it needs it. I really like how the pillars snug up; it's the first time I really have taken the stw apart since the pillars were put in.
I'm also going to try another primer. I've got mag. primers from everyone stateside here so I'll play a bit on ignition before I decide on a barrel. The rifle isn't that bad accuracy wise I guess, but it's not good enough for what I want it for. I'm going back to basics on pills too; I'll be working with those red and green boxes again.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:30 AM
Gold Member

Yeah I agree. I wrote him a few minutes after he posted it. Called him too and it was sold. Glad you got it and are into it!! I'm building mine too!!! Was gonna buy it to starting shooting till mine is done. I just hate how long this takes
Old 03-07-2013, 05:08 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Bigeyedbass, congrats on your new toy. I had a interest in it, and would have liked to have owned it, but I'm cool with that. That is a nice rifle, and has a lot of potential, and as my brother," gamehawker" said, it is nearly as fast as it's longer barreled brother. Plus, you have another stock to use. Let' us know how it shoots, and enjoy.
Welcome to the Brotherhood!!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:47 AM
Platinum Member

Dan, everytime I wait and then go another route and buy something, what I was looking for pops up. I now need a new safe. This place has so many people that trade, it makes ebay look slow. A nice side bene of the site really.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:00 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Congrats Dude you scored big and I cant wait to see that Custom when you get it