Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 08:44 PM

Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

I just picked up another 7stw Winchester 70 LRH Laredo Boss. Sighted it in shooting a 1/2 inch but I still need to tune the boss for 139 Hornady loads.

I also got the stock on my M995 Sako repaired. My buddy put it back together re-enforced it with metal and painted it with textured paint looks great and shoots just like it did before the stock broke!
Old 03-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Platinum Member

Just agreed to buy a stw reamer for the gun I'm building off this sight under classifieds. 100 bucks. Give it to my smith and then I'll put it up here for sale. Any one needing one soon??
Old 03-02-2013, 11:48 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamehawker View Post
Anybody have any thoughts on this?
Gamehawker, those 168 LR Accubonds do interest me, but not for use in my STW's, as I am all set with them at this point. But I do like the idea of poking a whitetail with a 168 from my 700p , 7 mag flavor. It loves the 168 VLD, and I will continue to shoot them on paper, but I'll refrain from use on game. ( just a personal thing ). Nosler has always made a good bullet, and I feel the same about this new debut. And it seems that when they FIRST come out, that they are the best. I remember when the BT first hit the streets, they were awesome, and very consistent, but when the factory ammo started using them, the consistency went away. You had to sort them out, and measure them, and put them into different boxes that were all the same. ( ogive to base measurement) but, when you shot bullets that had been measured and sorted, they were fine. I'll definitely try some when they come out ! That all being said, I think the RL25 will work fine, or H1000 will also work too. I do like BOTH of those powders in this and other weights. Great , if not PERFECT burn rate. Load density excellent too!
Old 03-03-2013, 12:05 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesutton2 View Post
I just picked up another 7stw Winchester 70 LRH Laredo Boss. Sighted it in shooting a 1/2 inch but I still need to tune the boss for 139 Hornady loads.

I also got the stock on my M995 Sako repaired. My buddy put it back together re-enforced it with metal and painted it with textured paint looks great and shoots just like it did before the stock broke!
Lesutton2, congrats on the new Winchester Laredo, and I'm glad you got your stock repaired. Both of your rifles should shoot well now. That Laredo is really going to shine, I'm sure. Those Winchesters hold a special place with me of recent. I have two very accurate winny's in my cabinet, and am building a custom gun on a Winchester action as we speak. Good luck with both !
Old 03-03-2013, 12:12 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeyedbass View Post
Well I am joing the brotherhood Just ordered mine today Stller action brux barrell mcmillan stock now thw waiting game Dan
Yup, it's all worth the wait, and by the sounds of it, that thing is going to be a lazer. I'm building a rifle now myself, and I too know about the waiting game. Good luck, and Welcome to the " Brotherhood".
Old 03-03-2013, 01:54 AM
Silver Member

I bought a new barrel for my STW yesterday. Should be here in a week.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:57 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioq View Post
Just agreed to buy a stw reamer for the gun I'm building off this sight under classifieds. 100 bucks. Give it to my smith and then I'll put it up here for sale. Any one needing one soon??
Marioq, what brand of reamer is it, and how many cuts has it made? Is it the set, which includes the roughing reamer, and then a finish reamer, or is it just the finisher?