Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 03:57 PM
Silver Member

Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

my stw's both like 80.50 vv-570 with 180 vld's and 82 grains of vv-570 with 168 vld. great round
Old 02-28-2013, 04:11 PM
Platinum Member

I got my email response from Berger on what their recommended loads are for the STW with the 180's, but unfortunately they asked me not to pass out the info. So, I will be trying their reccomendations and reporting back with my findings once I do some load progression.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
I got my email response from Berger on what their recommended loads are for the STW with the 180's, but unfortunately they asked me not to pass out the info. So, I will be trying their reccomendations and reporting back with my findings once I do some load progression.
Well dont pass it out ....... lock it up dont let anybody see it .......Load info from Berger oooooh ahhhhhhh im impressed Berger has nothing on Dano Or 7STW or any of my other Brothers here for that matter So good luck with you loads from Berger
Old 02-28-2013, 04:33 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBean View Post
Well dont pass it out ....... lock it up dont let anybody see it .......Load info from Berger oooooh ahhhhhhh im impressed Berger has nothing on Dano Or 7STW or any of my other Brothers here for that matter So good luck with you loads from Berger
Be a dick about it all you want, I was just being courteous to the company since they asked me not to pass it out.

And yes, I know Dano and 7STW know WAY more about it than most, so I am definitely not knocking them. I trust them and their load data. I would never even question it, if one of them handed me a loaded round (which is quite rare, b/c I am not a trusting person). So, you can twist it however you want to, to make me sound like a prick, but I was just doing what the company asked of me.

I will give out data once I figure out what my rifle likes. Is that ok with you?

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 02-28-2013, 04:50 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Be a dick about it all you want, I was just being courteous to the company since they asked me not to pass it out.

And yes, I know Dano and 7STW know WAY more about it than most, so I am definitely not knocking them. I trust them and their load data. I would never even question it, if one of them handed me a loaded round (which is quite rare, b/c I am not a trusting person). So, you can twist it however you want to, to make me sound like a prick, but I was just doing what the company asked of me.

I will give out data once I figure out what my rifle likes. Is that ok with you?
I Dont need your Data Nor does anyone here ....Your the one asking the questions which were answered with accurate load info that has already been proven on paper and in the field by My Brothers who live for this round as do I, They have already given you what you need to know....... so use your top secrect loads from Berger,Hope they work out for ya.......That will be my last word on the subject
Old 02-28-2013, 05:24 PM
Platinum Member

The problem was that there is a powder shortage around me, so I couldn't find any load data for the powders I currently have. I can't find RL-25, or Retumbo, and Vit is $45.00 a lb. here, so it's not some big secret, just doing what they asked me to.

Quote:
Old 02-28-2013, 05:34 PM
Silver Member

I find bergers info is on the light side. I bought their manual and on the guns I have their loads seem way under what I shoot.nthe 300 win mag was closest but still over the max pretty good.