Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Gold Member

Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stw View Post
Right back at cha' partner, and more importantly " friend " for sure. And I know what you mean about the " fire". My nineteen year old son is going deer hunting with me next week, and let me tell ya' he's got the fire, and he's got the eye too!!! I'm taking both off my new " 7s" , and his seven mag, and the 300 . ( hoping to get a little blood on them").
I am tickled that Chance is " huntin' with Dad" and with a stock that was a bonus. And I KNOW, the apple don't fall far from the tree when it comes to " gettin' it done" either.
On all other accounts, all of " US " here have a commonality in our caliber of choice, but through it all, we have came to know each other a little, or a lot. A good friend once told me, " lifes too short, and we are a long time dead". Well, that means a lot to me know, and I truly know what it means. And what it means to me is to enjoy life an d the little things, and pass it on to others. Share our experiences with our young so our sport lives on, and that they too can have a love affair with the outdoors, hunting, shooting, and doing the same. Our sport is fading, and if we done pass it on, it will fail.
I know that it is not until next week, but from me and mine, " Happy Thangsgiving to all the Brotherhood" . Well wishes to all!!!!
7STW OUT!!!!!

P/ S, the ammo for you, and Black 67 was purely my pleasure, and the stock too!!!
Well Said Bob! Excellent compliments from Lee as well. Have Fun Hunting and may you be blessed with success. Enjoy that son! I surely enjoy my boys.

Dan
Old 11-14-2012, 02:00 AM
Silver Member

Good luck on your hunts guys! Ours is over so i will have to live vicariously through you all!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Bronze Member

well i had a chance to go to the range today and try out my new rifle. and i must say that i even impressed myself. after getting home and messuring the last group i shot it messured 3/8". wonder how it will shoot once i work up some loads with the 168 gr bergers. and before anyone says y mess with it. the answer is simple cause i can. plus everything i have read with the heavier bullets you actually extend your barrel life and i like the more KE down range
Old 11-15-2012, 08:02 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelfootball73 View Post
well i had a chance to go to the range today and try out my new rifle. and i must say that i even impressed myself. after getting home and messuring the last group i shot it messured 3/8". wonder how it will shoot once i work up some loads with the 168 gr bergers. and before anyone says y mess with it. the answer is simple cause i can. plus everything i have read with the heavier bullets you actually extend your barrel life and i like the more KE down range
Bergers........Not real popular with this crowd......
Old 11-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Bronze Member

Why not try the 162gr A-max? A bit faster and better B.C. than the 168 VLD.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:27 AM
Bronze Member

ill give them a shot.no reason not to
Old 11-15-2012, 11:08 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelfootball73 View Post
ill give them a shot.no reason not to
There have been some really bad results on Deer and Elk with Berger bullets in this Cal they shoot really well but the Terminal Ballistics aint that great ......Lots of run off's last year so just about everybody shelved them ....Getting really great results out of the Barnes TSX's and the Combined Techs are go to's in the STW .....Just a heads up