Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by etisll40 View Post
Great stuff guys. I have a Ruger that needs a new stock. Where can I look? The thumbhole stock looks good too, I may do that on my Savage, do yoj kniw if they make it for them. Lefty, stop abusing the STW or I'll have to report you to Lane S.
I'd look at stocky's or boyds for a stock for any rh laminate. Boyds is semi-local to me but they don't make lefty stuff-- go figure. They only make rh or cross-over, so if you are in your right mind you have to go to stocky's. (left minded people can go to either)

I dare you to report me!!! I double dog dare you and hurry up already.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:01 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Great stuff guys. I have a Ruger that needs a new stock. Where can I look? The thumbhole stock looks good too, I may do that on my Savage, do yoj kniw if they make it for them. Lefty, stop abusing the STW or I'll have to report you to Lane S.
I TRIPLE Dog Dare you....... Now take that!!

P/S, I E mailed Rifleshooter, and Shooting times, and asked that someone get a message to the honorable " Layne Simpson" and that he visit the website. I have not heard back from anybody, but I think he would be impressed. We' ll see what happens.

So Lefty, you better be on your P's and Q's there buddy boy, or I'll tell you what!!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 06:43 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stw View Post
I TRIPLE Dog Dare you....... Now take that!!

P/S, I E mailed Rifleshooter, and Shooting times, and asked that someone get a message to the honorable " Layne Simpson" and that he visit the website. I have not heard back from anybody, but I think he would be impressed. We' ll see what happens.

So Lefty, you better be on your P's and Q's there buddy boy, or I'll tell you what!!!!
But if I fry the pipe I get the excuse to put another one on....
and I'll do the stock and trigger because it just "has" to be done when you put a barrel on....

Actually, I wanted to put it in the crappiest lite possible since the first group got botched by two fools beside me yelling over their earplugs and shooting off a rest with the barrel resting on it. I heard one of said fools yell and twitched as I pulled the little lever on the bottom; pulled the pill 4" out. The next bullet fell into the group netting a 1/2" 100 yard group for the three that I wasn't spooked for. Perils of a public range I guess; at least the dude wasn't shooting my targets like a couple of fools two weeks ago.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:57 AM
Platinum Member

Well, okay Lefty, fire away.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:19 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty7mmstw View Post
But if I fry the pipe I get the excuse to put another one on....
and I'll do the stock and trigger because it just "has" to be done when you put a barrel on....

Actually, I wanted to put it in the crappiest lite possible since the first group got botched by two fools beside me yelling over their earplugs and shooting off a rest with the barrel resting on it. I heard one of said fools yell and twitched as I pulled the little lever on the bottom; pulled the pill 4" out. The next bullet fell into the group netting a 1/2" 100 yard group for the three that I wasn't spooked for. Perils of a public range I guess; at least the dude wasn't shooting my targets like a couple of fools two weeks ago.
Lefty, I can identify with the shenanigans that go on at a " public" range. Weekend warriors has a new meaning at my club sometimes. Sometimes I get the $&@? Yahoos that bring out the AR's and make more noise than an army, and still can't hit ****! And yeah, they shoot my targets too! And then, some other yahoo will pull up behind me, just as I'm about to squeeze the trigger, and when I fire, he says, I didn't have my muffs on yet!!!! ( like I've got EYES in the back of my head)
And it even gets better. When I take my chronograph to the range, guys ask me, can I fire I few through it to see how fast my load is.!!!!!!
I actually was at the range once with the chrono, and one of this " yahoos" with the AR's, and their brass was landing on my bench, and once, it even went though the sky screens, and I registered it on the read out. So, I picked up all my marbles and went home for the day. Oh, I could go on, but you get the picture, and know the drill.

P/S. I really did E- mail Shooting Times about locating Layne Simpson and inviting him to visit this forum.
Haven't gotten a reply yet. Maybe we' ll have to get Len on that one!!!! Maybe he has more pull than us 7 STW fans!!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Platinum Member

Bring your 50 bmg with muzzle break an
d rattle off a few shots when they re load.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Bring your 50 bmg with muzzle break an
d rattle off a few shots when they re load.
I think that would do it!

Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

Remington 700 LSS .257 Weatherby Magnum
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope