Originally Posted by oglebuck
Well Brothers, After 3 days off and on I have read this blog and I feel its time to join in the Brotherhood. I have owned a Rem 7STW w/ sendero special barrel for 5 years and have truely loved that gun. I have allwas shot over the counter ammo but have just recently started reading and studying how to reload. I decided to start with a new to me semi custom 7stw and then get in to reloading. I found and purchased a 7stw sendero with a lilja barrel (1-10 twist),DE muzzle brake, blue printed action and polished triger to 2lbs. I have yet to put my hands on it because its in the mail as I write this. I can't wait to get it and shoot it. So brothers get ready for the questions for Im sure I will have plenty.
1. 1-10 twist is better for heavy loads or light loads ?
2. What the heck is DRT when talking about a shot on an animal ?
3. Choate ultimate sniper stock. Good or Bad ?
4. DE muzzle brake or pain killer muzzle break? Which one you guys like?
1. 10" twist is fine in a 7stw, but it may not stabilize over 168 grain unless it's a flat base bullet.
2. DRT= dead right there or pop and flop
3. I've not used a choate stock but I hear they are useable
4. I like the stw because you really don't need a brake,so I can't help you there-- besides, I'm a bit of a masochist and don't even have a brake on my 300 rum or my lightweight 375h@h-- you'll need to ask others about their brake as I only have a 300 with a boss and it came that way