Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > 7mm STW

7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamehawker View Post
Bob,

What is the weight of the new stock compared to the Remington 700P stock that you originally had on the rig? I think the Remington 700P stock is the same as the Remington 700 Sendero stock.

Is it more or less?

Thanks!
It is just a tad more, but not really that much.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Gold Member

I will have to agree with 7STW, This is an awesome site and braintrust here is awesome as well,Lots of well thought and range tested information and as he said Lots of great folks here and for me pesonally a great friendship ....I know I aint going anywhere
Old 07-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamehawker View Post
Bob,

What is the weight of the new stock compared to the Remington 700P stock that you originally had on the rig? I think the Remington 700P stock is the same stock as the Remington 700 Sendero stock.

Is it more or less?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stw View Post
It is just a tad more, but not really that much.
Gamehawker, I just re-read my comment, and your question about the 700 p, and sendero stock. As to the ones that I have owned, and now own, they ARE different. The palm swell is comparable, but the forend contour is different. The 700 P is fatter, and has more of a " belly", than the sendero stocks, both the original, or the SFII. Also, the butt stock seems to have a slightly different contour. They are all of the HS pro series stock line, but I believe the LE ones are just slightly different. Internally, it is the same , with that awesome aluminum bedding block, as well as effectively being pillar bedded as well. They truly are an awesome platform to an accurate rifle, and it is almost a certainty, that you gun probably will shoot it's best when shot from one of them. However, I have had SO many of them, that when I built this one, I decided that I wanted to return to a wooden stock, and the Bobby Hart LRT is just perfect. I am confident that it will shoot as good as the HS. The weight difference is minimal if any. Again, this will be a fixed position rifle, from a blind, that is accessed either by truck or foot.
I can tell you this, I will/ would buy another if the right barreled action comes my way, or if I build something else. ( imagine that) !!!! Take care !
Old 07-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Silver Member

Talking Re: 7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stw View Post
GUYS, can you believe that this thread NOW has 1000 responses??? And a Five Star rating to boot!!! I don't see it ending any time soon, as we are all STILL learning. But most of all, is the personalities, and the people that have gotten to know each other, all from the Brotherhood, sharing thoughts and info on a truly premier rifle bullet, and it's accompanying rifle. And it really has not been that long either. WOW. This has got to be a milestone. If it is not, is to me anyway!!! Take care to all.

All these posts and no name calling??? Gotta be some kind of record---or maybe just a bunch of guys learning from each other.

Regards,
Jim
Old 07-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Oliver View Post
All these posts and no name calling??? Gotta be some kind of record---or maybe just a bunch of guys learning from each other.

Regards,
Jim
Lots of good folks here Jim and Im sure it has to be some kind of record for sure and I concur on the learning tons of great info here
Old 07-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBean View Post
Lots of good folks here Jim and Im sure it has to be some kind of record for sure and I concur on the learning tons of great info here
Ditto Lee!

I totally agree.

Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

Remington 700 LSS .257 Weatherby Magnum
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope
Old 07-12-2012, 11:13 PM
Silver Member

Hey guys I said last week that I was gonna go out Sat. and shoot to 400yds we did and it was a blast..we shot for about 5 hrs. It was HOT but we have an old "squirrel cage" fan and a piece of duct work on it to blow yellow jackets off us when we skin deer, and I added a piece of guttering..I would shoot 1 round with a gun and stick the barrel into the guttering and the air blowing through it cooled it down quickly, while we shot another gun. ( I didn't think about writing this when I started, but this fan really works I'll attach some pics 2morrow if antone would like to see the set up?)
Anyway back to the Ole STW...It shoots great out to 400 yds also.. about a 2 1/2" group...So what did I do today???, you guessed it, I had to shoot 500yds, so I went out with the ol chainsaw and go out another 100yds...I ain't got the target holder up yet BUT THE HARD WORK is done. I did shot 3 rds, but it was only at 493yds!! It shot a little over 4" group,, still less than a MOA... Tomorrow I'll put the target holder where it needs to be at 500yds...and shoot some more!!This is the 1st time I've ever got to practice shooting at these ranges and I'm VERY LUCKY to live in the South and be able to shoot to 500yds, and the best part is it is about 100yds from my back door!!!!!
Thanks for the knowledge I've gained about the behavior of the STW!!