WE HAVE A FEW SPOTS LEFT AS OF 2-4-14 IN CAMP #2
This next LRH Group Hunt offering for 2014 is the same hunt as I did in 2011 and am about to do next month (2013). So this 2014 hunt will be my 3rd time there.
I can't wait to get back up into those mountains! Read about my 2011 hunt HERE.
Read about my 2013 hunt HERE.
This mule deer hunting
area has been very good historically. There was a tougher than normal winter for the animals in 2011/2012 right after my first hunt. The outfitter decided to be very conservative and offered only a couple of hunts in this area last year for deer. The sole husband/wife hunters only got two days of hunting before a nearby forest fire began and the Forest Service required evacuation of this area. This area itself WAS NOT BURNED. Very good deer were seen on that one two-day deer hunt. So 2013 and beyond should continue to be very strong on this land.
LRH Group Hunt - Mule Creek Outfitting , 2014 WY Mule Deer Hunt:
- Hunt cost is $3,750 + $262.50 WY sales tax
- License cost is $312 (Regular Draw), or $552 (Special Draw)
- Sept 15 - 19, 2014 (a 5 day hunt)
- Draw deadline is March 15, 2014.
- Mule Creek Outfitters
- Total of 6 hunters
- Mule Deer
- Tent camp
- High country wilderness (8,000 to 10,000 feet)
- Long Range friendly outfitter
- Two-on-one guiding (perfect for shooter/spotter teams)
- Deposit of $1,000 is only requirement until successful draw in 2013
- In 2013 draw, those with One deer preference point were 100% in Regular Draw. Those with one point in the more expensive Special Draw were 100% successful and 74% with zero points.
- Purchase a preference point HERE before 9-30-13 (even if you already have one now -- just to be sure.) The draw in 2013 for this area was more competitive than the year before. Those who drew a WY deer tag as their first choice this year can not buy a point this year.
- You snooze, you lose!
To reserve you must first email me ( Len@LongRangeHunting.com
)with the following as subject line: "COMMITMENT -- LRH Group Hunt - Mule Creek Outfitting, 2014 WY Mule Deer Hunt". In the body of your email, give me your name, address, phone numbers, and your LRH forum user name. I will reply with the mailing address and check payee name for your $1000 deposit check (personal is ok). No cards accepted. You must download, fill out and mail this hunt contract form LRH-Group-2014-Deer-Contract-MCO.pdf
with your check. (When you click the download link, the PDF file will download to the usual spot on your computer, where you can then open and print it.)
When your check arrives your status goes to PAID. I must receive your deposit check within 3 business days. Last year I tried to do the commitments a little differently but it was a bit difficult to know how many spots were really left at a given moment as a couple guys did not follow through. So I need to be pretty rigid about these new "commitment" rules.
In this spot I will post names of tentative commitments that I receive by email.
When I receive the check and filled-out hunt form I will change status to PAID
Jim B. (whitetail23) COMMITTED by email to Len
Billy S. (big cahuna) COMMITED by email to Len & PAID
The actual commitments will start below this line.