LRH Group Hunt for elk in the western Wyoming mountains in 2017. We have hunted elk with Non-Typical Outfitters
4 times including in 2015.
The following is what I wrote a couple years ago:
“Ten days ago I returned from the mountains of western Wyoming. There I spent two giddy days on horse and foot scouting for elk with Non-Typical Outfitters' Robb Wiley and three of his guides. For me this was a preview of our upcoming *October, 2014 LRH GROUP ELK HUNT.
The first morning we saw 25 bulls. Twenty-two of the twenty-five were 5's and 6's and the rest were 3 or 4 point. Incredible. We went to a different area the second morning and even though it was raining with poor visibility we saw 12 more there.
Pre-season scouting is a huge factor in the success of NTO in hunting for big bucks and bulls. I felt very privileged to "look under the hood” and see just how they do it.”
- Len Backus -
We have had great results! In 2014 we had 6 bulls down in the first 3 days of the hunt.
A report on the 2013 hunt
A report on the 2014 hunt
A report on the 2015 hunt
There you can read about what a factor weather can be in the success of a hunt.
is the story of my own hunt in 2015.
A report on the 2016 hunt
To reserve for 2017
you must first indicate in the forum thread your commitment to immediately send in a deposit check to the outfitter. Download the booking form HERE
, print out and mail to the outfitter. Indicate on the Booking Form that you are signing up for the 2017 LRH Group Elk Hunt.
Bull elk hunt:
- Hunt cost is $4,495 for two-on-one guiding or one-on one for $1,500 more
- License cost is $577 (Regular Draw 2016), or $1,057 (Special Draw 2016)
- Non-Typical Outfitters
- Total of 8 to 10 hunters in camp for rifle and for archery
- Bull elk
- 85% success rate but even better than that for those in good shape and good shooters
- Drive-in wall-tent camp
- Horseback each day
- High country wilderness (7,000 to 8,000 feet)
- Long Range friendly outfitter
- Two-on-one guiding (perfect for shooter/spotter teams)
- RIFLE - Oct. 27 - Oct. 31, 2017 (a 5 day hunt)
- Deposit of $1,000 is only requirement until successful draw in 2017
- Two elk Preference points needed in Regular Draw. One point needed for the more expensive Special Draw. (based on 2014 draw odds) Although ZERO points drew at an 86% rate in 2014 with the Special Draw. CORRECTION: THAT WAS 86% IN 2013 BUT 64% in 2014 SPECIAL DRAW.
- Wyoming general state wide tag
- Buy one preference point now HERE -- by September 30, 2016.
- You snooze, you lose!