Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Long Range Hunting Video Library > Holland Guns Video Content

Holland Radial Muzzle Brake On XP-100 handgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Lightvarmint

Re: Holland Radial Muzzle Brake On XP-100 handgun

Hello,

I have had Darrel install five brakes (two Wichita pistols and three Remington Senderos) for me.

A lady usually calls about the time I expect them to recieve my barrel from the shipper and every time without fail, it is her telling me that the job is finished and that she is shipping it out.

I have never seen customer service as good as this nor turn around times as short as you get with Darrel. He epitomizes excellent customer service.

He has the barrel turned around and coming home before most guys would answer an email. Simply amazing performance.

As soon as the 300 Dakota XP-100 is done next week, he will get another barrel to put one of his brakes on..... One of the BIG threaded radial brakes.

James
Old 02-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Platinum Member

Hey guys, between that video and James's (lightvarmints) kind words about Darrell and his brakes i didnt see any option but to go with the new radail bake. Ive said it on a few other posts i am having one of them put on my rifle it is a 338 edge that to me, kicked a little tomuch i sure am hoping it does the trick.

Nathan
Old 02-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Lightvarmint

Quote:
Originally Posted by nddodd View Post
Hey guys, between that video and James's (lightvarmints) kind words about Darrell and his brakes i didnt see any option but to go with the new radail bake. Ive said it on a few other posts i am having one of them put on my rifle it is a 338 edge that to me, kicked a little tomuch i sure am hoping it does the trick.

Nathan
Nathan,

They shipped my 300 Dakota XP barrelled action back to me yesterday. I should have it on Saturday. That would be a 7 day turn around including shipping both ways...... Simply amazing!!

Really hard to beat that customer service, professionalism and craftsmanship.

I wish there were more "Darrell Hollands" out there, but I am thankful there is at least one.

James
Old 02-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Platinum Member

You and me both James, I hope the gun shoots great for ya buddy.

Nathan
Old 02-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Platinum Member

Just interested in that Holland brake for your 7mm.

Can you tell me what diameter hole is turned into that brake for a 7mm calibre.

Also what diameter hole would you suggest for a brake on a .338 calibre rifle.
Thanks.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Bronze Member

Just out of curiosity...
With a brake ported on 3 sides i would expect it to force the barrel in the direction of the unported side (downwards). I can see that some downward force might be good, but if the brake can hold the recoil of a magnum calibre with the force of the gas against the (what looks like +-10degree) angled baffles, i would expect 3 times that in the downward direction?

Any thoughts on this? (no intent on hijacking a good thread)
Old 05-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Silver Member

My 375/284 was built by JD Jones and had his brake on it. Slight rise but very punishing to shoot.

flyfishn